U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,914,155 times

Advertisements

Cabbies File Suit Against KCMO Over

Approximately 250 drivers have files a lawsuit against the city, claiming that they citys system for awarding taxi permits has created a monopoly that has made some taxi companies rich at the expense of the drivers who actually own and maintain the cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 08:31 AM

1,830 posts, read 3,112,940 times
I've seen many cabs registered with JoCo plates operate in KCMO. I wonder if that's a way around the system.

Every city where the city govt operates cabs, there are complaints from the private companies. Though from a high level, sounds like the KCMO compliant is justified.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:33 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,516,721 times
KC has some of the nicest cabs of any city I have been to and they are plentiful, at least in the urban core. For a city of KC's size having a nice fleet of cabs is rare.

I don't know if that has to do with KC's lack of transit or what, but hopefully the city can maintain nice cabs because a city full of independent cab drivers can really drive down the quality of the cars and drivers quite a bit.

Kind of off topic and people already know I hate KCI’s terminal setup. But does KC have the worst airport taxi setup there could possibly be? I ask because the last time I was in town, I was waiting or ride and watched how frustrated people were getting trying to get a cab. You would think that the nearest cab was on the plaza by how frustrated people were getting and how long they were waiting when there is usually a big parking lot of them by the tower. Maybe it’s not, I don’t know. I have never taken a cab from KCI. But it sure seems like it could be improved.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 AM

12,064 posts, read 27,230,688 times
Seriously, KC does have some nice cabs and generally nice cabbies.

I know cabbies everywhere struggle to make a living, which is a shame. It sounds as though the way these things are done are pretty unfair, though possibly rather industry standard? -- hopefully enough of them will come together to make a stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City