U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,621 times

Advertisements

Lets just Build a Wall Let Mexico pay for it...
And close off the East side of Kansas city at Troost. Wait 10 years and Crime would have stopped.

Ok now you had a good laugh,
What needs to be done to bring down Crime, Give people Jobs, Let them take responsibility of rebuilding there own neighborhoods, hire younger men that are not working to do the work and reap the benefits.
Help with teaching skills, and materials any way you can.

Crime rates will drop like a rock overnight.
City cost for Police fire and so on would drop, if you have to invite Gangs to join up do it, it will change the city for the better they might fight over who gets what paint brush. People could donate what we pay in taxes to help this Test of a project work.
With Skills People could find jobs to support their life and make a family.
When this area is done and fixed New hires could help the poor and older americans fix there homes also learn skills and go onto finding a good paying job you can live off of.
If these kids only had somthing to do, it would change things.

No job no money no future tends to make you do stupid stuff. this is what has to change.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 08:43 PM

519 posts, read 468,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
Where do they send them? Hopefully its not KC

Didn't Gulliani do this in the 90s and cleaned up New York big time. If we just keep shipping people to other places, isn't that just playing musical chairs and not really solving anything.
I think Hyde Park would be a wonderful location to seal off and relocate the "les deplorables" to.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:14 AM

8,798 posts, read 9,623,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbg53 View Post

No job no money no future tends to make you do stupid stuff. this is what has to change.
I remember talking to a man who was about my age who was in a maximum security prison. This was back when I frequently worked with inmates. He asked me how much money did I make. When I told him he frowned and shook his head and said, "I couldn't live on that."

Many criminals have a sense of entitlement, they believe they deserve more than a person of 17 or 35 years old can have by working a job. When I was in college I had a job where I worked with a JPTA worker. (Job Partnership Training Act) He earned more than me because he was on this government program but after a week or two he quit and went back to being a low life criminal. I know this because I saw his name in the newspaper later that summer.

That was a long time ago and still today I see men my age whose names are in the paper because they believe they deserve to live better than me and not have to have a job.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
And close off the East side of Kansas city at Troost. Wait 10 years and Crime would have stopped.

What needs to be done to bring down Crime, Give people Jobs, Let them take responsibility of rebuilding there own neighborhoods, hire younger men that are not working to do the work and reap the benefits.

City cost for Police fire and so on would drop, if you have to invite Gangs to join up do it, it will change the city for the better they might fight over who gets what paint brush. People could donate what we pay in taxes to help this Test of a project work.
When this area is done and fixed New hires could help the poor and older americans fix there homes also learn skills and go onto finding a good paying job you can live off of.

Hmm, good thought here, you might be on to something here.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I remember talking to a man who was about my age who was in a maximum security prison. This was back when I frequently worked with inmates. He asked me how much money did I make. When I told him he frowned and shook his head and said, "I couldn't live on that."

Many criminals have a sense of entitlement, they believe they deserve more than a person of 17 or 35 years old can have by working a job. When I was in college I had a job where I worked with a JPTA worker. (Job Partnership Training Act) He earned more than me because he was on this government program but after a week or two he quit and went back to being a low life criminal. I know this because I saw his name in the newspaper later that summer.

That was a long time ago and still today I see men my age whose names are in the paper because they believe they deserve to live better than me and not have to have a job.
I see what you mean everyday. A lot of us working people do...

Old 06-29-2017, 09:11 PM

473 posts, read 283,838 times
Well, is almost predictable place KC.

If strangers talk rudely to you in decent area, YOU WON'T BE OKAY. Walk neighborhood before you view apartments and just see if strangers are friendly or weirdos/threatening, then decide if you talk to landlord or leave.

If gangs of all color of teens/20s threaten you, called gang stalking. You will be run from area for answering in confrontational manner, happens in Leavenworth and runs off military even. Can say, "I just came here to work". But if you see this, AREA IS NOT SAFE FOR YOU TO LIVE. 'I'm just visiting' is okay answer and ignore the kids if you get bothered again...

Is almost always fine to visit for weekend as long as you skip the junky motels in town...Need cheap, stay on edge of city in cheap motel.

Druggy area is a druggy area, visiting it is tough. Most never use suitcases to come/go and keep electronics hidden...The bar districts in formerly run down areas (still next to occupied druggy neighborhoods) are about the same, stumble home and your wallet left. Apartments with nice stuff get raided...Flashy car got stripped...You want to be close to the bars, you deal with the rest of it too...

Old 06-30-2017, 01:23 PM

185 posts, read 148,996 times
Quote:

As companies continue to ignore the critical mass of potential, willing, and hungry applicants in city and set up jobs in far flung, hard to reach places like south JoCo, south KCMO, Village West and the far Northland, the crime problem will continue to fester in the city. Will bringing more jobs to the city solve all of KCMO's crime woes overnight? No. However, folks with no rules usually have nothing to lose to begin with. If someone has something to lose (like a decent job), it will make them think twice before shooting someone over some girl that's already screwing the whole hood, or over a bad drug deal, or before robbing someone because they will be working for their own stuff and won't have the time or energy to rob you for yours...

Old 07-04-2017, 02:16 AM

12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Well, there have been 7 murders over this holiday weekend so far in KCK and KCMO. So KC is living up (down?) to its reputation. It's gotten crazy here. Murders in the metro are just about an everyday thing now. And the Stolen KC Facebook page is shocking with the number of cars, motorcycles and other things stolen all over the metro every day.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:29 AM

1,298 posts, read 983,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Well, there have been 7 murders over this holiday weekend so far in KCK and KCMO. So KC is living up (down?) to its reputation. It's gotten crazy here. Murders in the metro are just about an everyday thing now. And the Stolen KC Facebook page is shocking with the number of cars, motorcycles and other things stolen all over the metro every day.
What's your point? What do you propose?

Old 07-05-2017, 09:49 AM

5,498 posts, read 5,158,157 times
What's your point? What do you propose?

Well, we can't just tear everything down and start all over, can we? We drove around yesterday and found a Farmer's Market downtown with a trolley stop pretty much attached. We were showing KC to our son, who's visiting.

Who knows of the most affordable apartment housing that is downtown - either near Crossroads, Farmer's Market or the Uptown Theater, for starters? He is thinking about staying put in KC and we'd all like some ideas about housing downtown. The safest, most afforddable place, coming from a parent, would be my choice.

Starter-size, studio or 1BR would all work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or