U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 AM
 
1,291 posts, read 1,659,894 times
Reputation: 1264
I am not calling people scum, I am calling the u of kansas scum for continuing to use a name that is despicable. Remember history tells us a jayhawk is a lying, murdering, raping, thief. That's the scum...if your school chooses to associate with such scum that's their call. Stupid as hell but it's their call. If I was a kU student I would be very upset for continuing with the jayhawk brand, it seems you all would get sick of having to defend it. But again, the answer is still the same...kU isn't classy enough to admit that their mascot isn't PC in today's world and should go down the path of Chief Illiniwek and the Redmen of St. Johns.

A personal attack is when you call someone dense like you did in the next post. Or when you ask if I have received therapy. Keep that up and you will get a timeout from the mods.

I hope that was that clear enough for you. Or does this mean if you go to kU you must be deliberately obtuse?? If so that says a lot about you.

So, just to clarify - jayhawk = scum sucking pile of caca.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Calling people scum is a personal attack.



Again, you have to be there in order to lose. I guarantee you that MU fans would love to be in the tournament for over 20 straight years even if it means getting bounced early every once in awhile. There can only be one winner and that means several of the nations top teams will get bounced from the tournament early. No one makes the Final Four every year. Do you know which school currently has the longest NCAA tournament appearance run and also the longest straight conference title run? Do you have any idea how many times MU hasnt even made the NIT during that run?

That Northern Iowa team was actually a very solid team and was about the worst match KU could have faced in that bracket. Many people predicted that loss including myself. That Northern Iowa team would have handled the team MU as fielding that year.




Considering I dont live in Eastern Colorado and I actually live in Missouri, I have no idea what life is like there.

If you are referring to KU, I actually did answer the question. We have what should be an exciting football season to look forward to with a new coach and several very good recruits including two top notch quarterbacks.



I know how to use the feature just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2012, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,740 posts, read 5,825,992 times
Reputation: 2692
When you call someone a Jayhawk or chickenhawk and then proceed to call jayhawks or chickenhawks scum, you are making a personal attack. It may be indirectly but it is a personal attack.

I never called anyone dense. I asked if they were dense. You should really work on your reading comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 AM
 
1,291 posts, read 1,659,894 times
Reputation: 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
When you call someone a Jayhawk or chickenhawk and then proceed to call jayhawks or chickenhawks scum, you are making a personal attack. It may be indirectly but it is a personal attack.

I never called anyone dense. I asked if they were dense. You should really work on your reading comprehension.
Typical chickenhawk response, don't like the message attack the messenger.

You can't have it both ways, if I indirectly attack you then how are you not indirectly attacking the person by "asking" if there were dense. Semantics!

You voted for our current president didn't you...

Thanks for admitting the jayhawk name is indefensible by ignoring that part of my post. Does that mean you realize that the name is badly tarnished and an embarrassment to your school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,740 posts, read 5,825,992 times
Reputation: 2692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post

Thanks for admitting the jayhawk name is indefensible by ignoring that part of my post. Does that mean you realize that the name is badly tarnished and an embarrassment to your school?
How do you admit something by ignoring it? That doesnt make any sense.

I ignored it because your ridiculous delusions do not deserve a response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 AM
 
1,291 posts, read 1,659,894 times
Reputation: 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
How do you admit something by ignoring it? That doesnt make any sense.

I ignored it because your ridiculous delusions do not deserve a response.
In my best Ronnie Regan voice "There you go again!"

It's not a delusion, it's historical fact. The only delusional ones are those that won't acknowledge the truth (aka scum sucking jayhawks).

"A Jayhawker is a Unionist who professes to rob, burn out and murder"

"the crime of armed depredations or jay-hawking having reached a height dangerous to the peace and posterity to the whole State (Kansas) and seriously compromising the Union cause in the border counties of Missouri."

Jayhawker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,740 posts, read 5,825,992 times
Reputation: 2692
Tiger comes from the militia that was formed in Missouri which all did the same things. So, how do you defend that name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:59 AM
 
1,291 posts, read 1,659,894 times
Reputation: 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Tiger comes from the militia that was formed in Missouri which all did the same things. So, how do you defend that name?
There is no need to defend that name. The Tigers were Northern Militia and citizens of Columbia who gathered to protect Columbia when they heard Bloody Bill Anderson was coming. Columbia was a NORTHERN city!

Do they teach history at kU?

The Tigers did not take part in the same types of activities as your jayhawks.
If they would have then Mizzou wouldn't be using the name. Mizzou = class, kU = no class. See the difference?

kU perpetuates the hate by using the jayhawk as it's mascot so get used to it. For some reason kU fans seem to like the negative attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,740 posts, read 5,825,992 times
Reputation: 2692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post

The Tigers did not take part in the same types of activities as your jayhawks.
Were you there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 06:57 PM
 
8,062 posts, read 6,420,798 times
Reputation: 5465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
There is no need to defend that name. The Tigers were Northern Militia and citizens of Columbia who gathered to protect Columbia when they heard Bloody Bill Anderson was coming. Columbia was a NORTHERN city!

Do they teach history at kU?

The Tigers did not take part in the same types of activities as your jayhawks.
If they would have then Mizzou wouldn't be using the name. Mizzou = class, kU = no class. See the difference?

kU perpetuates the hate by using the jayhawk as it's mascot so get used to it. For some reason kU fans seem to like the negative attention.
Looks like you are perpetuating the hate, and your comments show how upset you are that KU went to the championship and MU lost to a 15 seed. Sour grapes/jealousy is all it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
 
8,062 posts, read 6,420,798 times
Reputation: 5465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
In my best Ronnie Regan voice "There you go again!"

It's not a delusion, it's historical fact. The only delusional ones are those that won't acknowledge the truth (aka scum sucking jayhawks).

"A Jayhawker is a Unionist who professes to rob, burn out and murder"

"the crime of armed depredations or jay-hawking having reached a height dangerous to the peace and posterity to the whole State (Kansas) and seriously compromising the Union cause in the border counties of Missouri."

Jayhawker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Newsflash! We aren't living in the Civil War era! After the Civil War Jayhawker came to mean someone from Kansas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top