Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 11:23 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,753,035 times

Advertisements

Hunt Midwest plans $39M mixed-use project in downtown OP - Kansas City Business Journal

Yet another nice urban mixed use project for the older part of Overland Park. I may have to put together a thread of all the ongoing projects proposed near Downtown OP. It could transform into a vibrant mixed use and dense district over the next several years. It's great to see this type of development in JoCo vs trying to build a downtown environment in the middle of nowhere.

I'm surprised that Hunt Midwest is doing this project in OP. They typically develop in the Northland or Lee's Summit and somebody like Hunt needs to come into NKC (Downtown or the riverfront area) and get that area going. So much potential there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 01:41 PM

14 posts, read 17,681 times
It's great to see that downtown Overland Park is going to undergo a revitalization. The area had become somewhat blighted.

Like you, I'd love to see the riverfront developed.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:50 PM

42 posts, read 40,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Hunt Midwest plans $39M mixed-use project in downtown OP - Kansas City Business Journal

Yet another nice urban mixed use project for the older part of Overland Park. I may have to put together a thread of all the ongoing projects proposed near Downtown OP. It could transform into a vibrant mixed use and dense district over the next several years. It's great to see this type of development in JoCo vs trying to build a downtown environment in the middle of nowhere.

I'm surprised that Hunt Midwest is doing this project in OP. They typically develop in the Northland or Lee's Summit and somebody like Hunt needs to come into NKC (Downtown or the riverfront area) and get that area going. So much potential there.
Downtown OP is so much nicer today than when I was a kid in the 80s. I think the only things I went to were the Thriftway, a hardware store and a sporting goods store. I was there a couple months ago and it's getting a little trendy This can only help!

Old 07-06-2015, 09:10 PM

187 posts, read 268,998 times
I'm really excited to see how downtown Overland Park transforms over the next 10 years. There are some exciting projects on the horizon that could make that area really desirable.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:06 PM

6,801 posts, read 11,445,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post

Actually, I believe Hunt IS involved in the Northgate redevelopment in NKC.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:35 AM

2,233 posts, read 3,142,718 times
Great news for OP and NE JoCo in general. It would be great for the metro if we had more suburban spaces like NKC and downtown Lee's Summit.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:00 PM

14 posts, read 17,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Actually, I believe Hunt IS involved in the Northgate redevelopment in NKC.
He is. Northgate Village

Old 07-08-2015, 09:49 AM

53 posts, read 66,749 times
This is exciting! I was in the Downtown OP area a few weeks ago, and while I think the area is nice, I felt that it needed something more...this would be a perfect addition! Yay investment!!! LOL

Old 07-08-2015, 12:19 PM

2,233 posts, read 3,142,718 times
It's also a good sign that the leadership in JoCo and OP are starting to understand they need to take action to reverse the population decline in northeastern JoCo before the wind up with a Ruskin-ish mess.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:08 PM

767 posts, read 1,312,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
It's also a good sign that the leadership in JoCo and OP are starting to understand they need to take action to reverse the population decline in northeastern JoCo before the wind up with a Ruskin-ish mess.
And dense mixed usage is the only thing they can do. Several of those smaller suburbs are landlocked and built out and there isn't anything they can do besides redeveloping areas into higher density to get new life into them. Downtown Olathe had some cool buildings back when it was just the County Seat... Too bad urban renewal got rid of all of them. Do any of the other JoCo Suburbs have a "downtown"? Prarie Village has a quasi business district anchored by that ghetto Macy's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City