U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-23-2012, 10:00 AM

3 posts, read 2,309 times

Advertisements

any suggestions on actions to take regarding installed carpet. Puchased at home depot, mohawk desert stone loop carpet. was told when buying, it was good for high traffic areas and durable. Installed less than a year, the carpet loops began breaking, getting caught in vacum and unraveling. Was told by inspector, we had to trim loops sticking up before each vacuming, and could not use a vacum with a brush. we were not told this before buying or would not have bought. Out over $3000 any suggestions, other than not shopping home depot again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 10:14 AM

1,449 posts, read 975,343 times
I hear ya! We must have the same carpet, and I hate it. My kids had it installed before I moved here, and in a year and a 1/2, it already looks 5-10 yrs old. Little snags everywhere! And steam cleaning it? Forget about it, that makes it worse. I cant offer any advice since I'm in the same boat, but wanted to let you know you're not alone. Let me know if you get anything done about it. I was going to complain, but since I have 2 pups I'am sure they'd blame it on them. BUT, it was snagged just moving in! Good luck...

Old 06-23-2012, 10:18 AM

1,449 posts, read 975,343 times
Wow, didnt notice we're both in Mo..I wonder if it came from the same store.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:40 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,931,972 times
Have you contacted Home Depot's corporate office? Mohawk's corporate office??

Old 06-23-2012, 03:05 PM

bought at home depot in independence off lees summit rd. That store sent their district manager and an independent inspector. needless to say, they said it was due to heavy use and the family had a pet. They have one dog that is outside the majority of the time. I will contact the corp. office, hope it helps the carpet is by MOHAWK, DESERT STONE DO NOT BUY THIS CARPET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OR ANY OTHER FROM HOMEDEPOT, THEY WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. they are now telling us the bissell vacum the family used was not approved. it has to be a carpet rug approved vacum!!.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:21 PM

485 posts, read 491,181 times
Most of the vacuums on the market violate the warranty. Dyson violates everyone's warranty. Almost everything violates a carpet warranty. That's why I tell everyone, not to buy on warranty.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:10 AM

guess we will go with hardwoods from now on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City