U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 08:27 PM

1 posts, read 486 times

Advertisements

I am retired now and travel in our motor home but still listen to Johnny Dare by way of the internet. I make it a point to get back in the area to go with my grandson to Rockfest every year. I wear out and he is good enough to let me go home before it is over but we have a great time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 02:48 AM

12,999 posts, read 17,160,262 times
I've noticed that The Rock has a show on late at night called "The Pit" which plays some pretty heavy stuff. That's cool because you don't typically hear anything that heavy on the radio, and it helps promote those bands so they get bigger audiences at their concerts. Tonight was the first time I'd heard "Bring The Noise" by Anthrax and Public Enemy in a very long time, which was neat. I hope they play some deeper cuts from Pantera on that show too.

After listening for about three weeks, I've noticed they play a fair amount of Puddle Of Mudd, but that's understandable since they're from Kansas City. (Wes Scantlin needs to lay off the cocaine.) They also like the song "Gasoline" by Seether, but that's fine with me because it was one of their lesser hits, and it's a good song for rocketing down I-35 or I-70. Still, the variety on The Rock is better than on most other Active Rock stations I've heard. They play a lot of different bands, and a lot of different songs from the most popular bands. They also don't get too '80s- or '90s-heavy during the day.

By the way, I'm familiar with 96.5 The Buzz too, and they do a good job for an Alternative station. I remember they were the station that introduced me to the band Bat For Lashes five years ago. I'm still partial to the mainstream hard rock that a lot of people consider either too dull or too angry, but I do have an appreciation for alternative rock and indie rock too.

Anyway, I'm still rocking with The Rock here in Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City