U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 PM

3,625 posts, read 6,761,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokc View Post
BTW, there used to be an In/Out on Linwood in Midtown but don't know if it was same as W Coast chain. It was not very good and it eventually closed. Every market has their drunken burger joints and KCs is Winsteads.

I remember that In and Out on Linwood - I'd bet you $1,000 it is NOT the same as the California In 'n Out. The Linwood one was just a drive through IIRC. North side of the street just a little east of Main.

One other franchise I'd like to see is Taco Mayo, which is from Oklahoma. Kind of a step up from Taco Bell and a very interesting corporate culture - everyone always seemed very happy to be working there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,498,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I remember that In and Out on Linwood - I'd bet you $1,000 it is NOT the same as the California In 'n Out. The Linwood one was just a drive through IIRC. North side of the street just a little east of Main.

One other franchise I'd like to see is Taco Mayo, which is from Oklahoma. Kind of a step up from Taco Bell and a very interesting corporate culture - everyone always seemed very happy to be working there.
No, that was just somebody that tried to take over a Checkers (which are dual drive thrus without inside dining). They didn't use any of the same logos etc that the real In and Outs do.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,999,483 times
I wish KC had this upscale grocery store called The Fresh Market, so many great items in that store, good quality and they have gourmet snack bins full of different type of nuts, trail mixes and candy. I think this place would thrive on the Plaza.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 AM

266 posts, read 473,016 times
I believe Fresh Market is going into Prairiefire.

Of course I also wish that when they have an empty mall, they shouldn't try to build anything but more apartments near it, because apartment demand is and will continue to be INSANE for some time. Johnson County is simply not building enough apartments, when rent for any newish complex starts at $1000 or so for a 1 bedroom. It's not like we're limited in land or overregulated like some states are. Luckily Prairiefire is only a small part retail, the rest other stuff including apartments. And Corbin Park next door is getting one of the Sprouts locations, maybe this could encourage actual tenants to move in as well, including some of the high end stores the developer originally wanted.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:25 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,999,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason87x View Post
I believe Fresh Market is going into Prairiefire.
Yeah, i'm not gonna go all the way there to get some food. Why can't Mission or some other Northern Johnson County city get something cool. Also, why doesn't Lenexa or Shawnee get anything cool. They are like the red headed step children of landing any cool retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason87x View Post
And Corbin Park next door is getting one of the Sprouts locations, maybe this could encourage actual tenants to move in as well, including some of the high end stores the developer originally wanted.
It seems like this area has to much retail, something will probably close eventually in some of these other strip malls that have bad site lines.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 AM

10,705 posts, read 18,498,983 times
I still can't believe that Prairiefire (located in one of the most affluent and fastest growing zip codes in the country) is a freaking STAR bonded project with an additional overlay sales tax and local TIF!

And you wonder why places like Mission can't get anything off the ground.

Only in kansas...

Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM

12,064 posts, read 27,212,345 times
^This.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:03 PM

65 posts, read 85,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
White Castles in KC

75th and Metcalf
Highway 7 and I-70
Armour Blvd and I-29
Linwood and Gillham
Truman Corners

Were there any others?
It was near 91st and Metcalf (just south of the Fuddruckers), not 75th and Metcalf. This was the infamous location where Overland Park forced them to alter their building color, so it wouldn't be the blinding white they usually used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or