U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:13 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,920,228 times

Advertisements

A few bad apples give the rest a bad name. Should anyone here know these MOPES then twist their ear a bit and tell them straighten up!

Chiefs fan upset with illegal parking in handicapped spots - KCTV5

The cell phone video computed something that shocked Sampson. He had a hunch the group lifting heavy supplies didn't need their handicapped parking space.

"(They) get out and appear not to have disability whatsoever. Younger people get out of their car and pick up 50-pound coolers, grills, throw the football," he said.

"They just unfolded the chair and got beverages out, put it in the chair. They pushed the chair, loaded up with tailgating supplies, to another part of the parking lot," Sampson said.

Just be lucky you don't actually need it, and God forbid, a day comes that you actually do," he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 09:31 AM

12,064 posts, read 27,237,390 times
Quote:
As a lifelong Chiefs fan, Sampson appreciates the fact that officers check to make sure people have handicapped plaques or plates, but he would like to see them and the Chiefs go one step further. He said, over the years, the number of people possibly illegally parking in handicapped spaces has increased, and since you can't always tell by looking at someone whether they have a disability, he'd like to see officers check.
"That's what that paperwork is for. It's part of the law to have it (the handicapped sign) in the vehicle, yet no one is asking for it," he said.
Huh? He appreciates that they check, but would like to see them check?

Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 AM

220 posts, read 359,991 times
Yea... there's a special place for people who lie about being handicapped, but it's also not something you should question. Maybe someone in their group has a bone disorder or MLS or something? Just because a wheel chair isn't required all the time, doesn't mean someone isn't handicapped and can move great distances without issues.

Are handicapped spots in short supply at the stadium?

Old 10-05-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc chris View Post
Yea... there's a special place for people who lie about being handicapped, but it's also not something you should question. Maybe someone in their group has a bone disorder or MLS or something? Just because a wheel chair isn't required all the time, doesn't mean someone isn't handicapped and can move great distances without issues.

I agree with you. It is a slippery slope at the least. Most likely the only way to get ahead of this is too check to see if they have their handicapped paperwork. No paper work, no parking. I keep mine in my glove box with my regsitration.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:53 AM

5,758 posts, read 9,496,712 times
It only takes one person in the group to be handicapped to need a tag. It's not like everyone in the vehicle is handicapped.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM

12,622 posts, read 14,633,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc chris View Post
Not from what I've seen. We went to the All Star game and we had to park way back, noticed a lot of empty spots up close and wondered why they made everyone park so far back.Then we saw when we walked closer that they were handicapped spaces, most unoccupied.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM

Those gimps are gonna take over the whole place! lol

Old 10-08-2012, 05:05 PM

12,622 posts, read 14,633,813 times
We are also better than cheering when our quarterback get injured or booing him when he leaves the field after being injured. It makes me angry that Kansas City fans did that yesterday. What is up with that?

Eit - okay, never mind. I just watched the footage and I don't think it was cheering against him at all. In fact, they cheer for him when he is able to walk off the field. My former comment was based on what I had been told, but I hadn't seen it myself.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19761458/...lamed-fans-for

Sorry for hijacking your thread. Carry on!

Last edited by luzianne; 10-08-2012 at 05:17 PM..

Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 AM

^Yeah that story blew up, but it sure looks like people were cheering instead for the first down.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 AM

Great article about what really happened at Arrowhead: No, Kansas City Football Fans Aren't Bloodthirsty Idiots - Hampton Stevens - The Atlantic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or