U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:45 PM

1,830 posts, read 3,110,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese30 View Post
All things considered, Denver seems like a better fit for me among the three cities that I'm looking at. I wish the art scene in Denver was better,.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese30 View Post
I want to move back to KCMO and settle there. The ONLY thing that's making this decision difficult, is the Brown Recluse problem.
So apparently spiders arent the only thing afterall. If you can handle the crazy winters, MSP is much strong city than Denver methinks. If you want outdoor life year round, Denver. If you want most big city amenities with no big city hassles, KC. Is big enough and growing just enough to always have something new to try.

Maybe go where there is opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM

30 posts, read 70,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokc View Post
So apparently spiders arent the only thing afterall. If you can handle the crazy winters, MSP is much strong city than Denver methinks. If you want outdoor life year round, Denver. If you want most big city amenities with no big city hassles, KC. Is big enough and growing just enough to always have something new to try.

Maybe go where there is opportunity.
You bring up some very good points. Thinking about it more, I need to be in a city with a strong art scene, and maybe I care more about art than sports. Reflecting on my past experience, Denver did not impress me as much as Minneapolis. I did like Denver's public transportation system (RTD), non-grid street layout downtown (which some people weren't fond of), Civic Center and the residential areas of capitol hill (which reminded me of whittier in Minneapolis), and ofcourse, the Rocky Mountains. Overall, Denver did not do much for me.

It really comes down to Minneapolis and Kansas City. I don't want to deal with the Winters that Minneapolis is notorious for. The people in Minneapolis rub me the wrong way. The job market in Minneapolis is more competitive due to the high educational attainment of the populace in the Twin Cities. Also, Minneapolis is too "aristocratic" for my taste.

Kansas City, on the other hand, is probably the best fit for me (overall). The people in Kansas City are very down-to-Earth and laid-back. Kansas City is very authentic and unique. I love the "soulful culture" of Kansas City. The Winters aren't too bad and are broken up (this is based on the assumption that the Winters in KC aren't much different from the Winters in Wichita). I really love the fact that KC isn't much of a destination/touristy city, yet, offers the same (and in some cases, better) amenities than more touristy/notable cities. I find Kansas City very inspiring from a creative/artistic standpoint.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 PM

220 posts, read 359,474 times
KC is a huge sports town, it's just unfortunate we have some of the worst owners in the MLB and NFL... some of the best in the MLS. The city revolves around the Chiefs and college sports though.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM

12,064 posts, read 27,212,345 times
I think that, based on everything you've said, it would really be hard to go wrong with Kansas City!

Old 12-08-2012, 01:05 PM

Well, this is a tough decision. This reminds me of a quote I found from another forum:

"Remember to Trust YOUR GUT. Your heart and your head can both lie to you….in fact they can SHOUT lies at you, but your gut ALWAYS quietly whispers the truth."

This all comes down to my gut instincts (or intuition). My gut is definitely telling me something.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 PM

Thank you very much for the advice, but I've decided to go a totally different direction. I'm originally from Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI to be exact). Deep down inside, I really want to return to "The Mitten," and I have a particular city in mind.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM

220 posts, read 359,474 times
Good luck wherever you end up! It's tough to find a better home than the one you grew up in!

Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc chris View Post
Good luck wherever you end up! It's tough to find a better home than the one you grew up in!
The funny thing is, soon after I made that last post, I began having second thoughts about this newfound aspiration (or Maybe it was my gut talking.) I planned on deleting that last post, but it was "too late." As you can probably tell, I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, which can be a good thing or a bad thing (depending on the situation.) More than likely, I'll end up in Kansas City, MO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or