U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 06:52 AM

134 posts, read 353,489 times

Advertisements

Anyone recommend any apartments (looking 2 bedroom and would prefer 2 baths) in the northern KC area? I'm working by the NKC hospital.

I was looking at Pinehurst and a few others but the reviews were terrible. I'm also trying to stay in a safe neighborhood which I thought these places were in yet the reviewers say they heard shootings every now and then.

I'd also prefer a newer development or remodeled with new appliances so I don't have to worry about dealing with maintenance (hopefully).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 AM

3,629 posts, read 6,776,505 times
Just about anywhere north of the river will be perfectly safe. The city of Gladstone has had several murders in the past 18 months or so, but I believe all but one were between people who knew each other rather than random crime.

I would put little or no faith in online apartment reviews. Unhappy tenants post. Happy tenants, not so often.

If you travel a little further north than Pinehurst, up to Barry Road/Highway 152, there are several complexes which are quite new - Carrington Park, Carrington Place, Cordillera Ranch are three that come to mind.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:42 PM

134 posts, read 353,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Just about anywhere north of the river will be perfectly safe. The city of Gladstone has had several murders in the past 18 months or so, but I believe all but one were between people who knew each other rather than random crime.

I would put little or no faith in online apartment reviews. Unhappy tenants post. Happy tenants, not so often.

If you travel a little further north than Pinehurst, up to Barry Road/Highway 152, there are several complexes which are quite new - Carrington Park, Carrington Place, Cordillera Ranch are three that come to mind.

Good to know north of the river is mostly safe. I probably won't be wandering anywhere alone anyway, at least not until I get comfortable with the area. I'm flying in at the end of the month and would like to visit a few places after the interview if all goes well.

Thanks for the areas to look into as well.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:10 AM

35 posts, read 117,153 times
I'd check out just about any of the apartments along 152 highway as Okie Dokey mentioned. I commute from north of 152 daily to the place I am assuming you're interviewing at, and its not bad at all. I looked at apartments close to the NKC area when I moved to KC 8 years ago, and didnt like any of them then, and dont think there's anything new since then. Gotta go further north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City