U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 09:47 AM

14,174 posts, read 22,505,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
To many whiners, indeed. And most of the things they bemoan are among KC's best features. My patience with it has worn so thin that it is next to impossible for me to respond within the TOS, so I'm not going to. Wouldn't do any good, anyway, as has been proven for years on end.

Your highlighted statement is the crux of the problem here. There are one or two who are old enough to know better and the rest are kids just trying to make the "progressive" team, the "cool" team. The team that attacks everything that their parents value. Life will fix what ails them, but it will take another 20 years.

Thanks for your comment and thanks for speaking up as you have recently in challenge of some of the nonsense that there just seems no end to here.
lol! I'm a parent and in my 40s. Hardly a "kid". Just because you age doesn't mean you have to become an angry old koot who longs for "the good old days".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 02:14 PM

1,298 posts, read 984,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
KC wouldn't become another Detroit. Detroit has two new airport terminals, a downtown ballpark, a downtown football stadium, a downtown arena (with a new downtown arena under development) and hundreds of millions of dollars of investment downtown. Oakland County (Detroit's JOCO) has been pretty stagnant development wise for the last 10 years or so.
There's no point comparing Kansas City and Detroit, development-wise. Detroit failed because too much of its economy was based on one industry. What kcmo was saying is that some people would be happy to let urban Kansas City fail, imagining that Johnson County could pick up the pieces and become the new bright-shiny engine of progress and economic development.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:01 PM

53 posts, read 52,501 times
theres shuttles to the plaza, the airport is a get in get out,thanks for flying, far off not from the downtown so it could be built efficiently

Old 02-19-2016, 07:40 PM

519 posts, read 468,380 times
I never understood people praising the walk to your gate when you will most likely have to change a plane somewhere and walk a long ways because KC doesn't have the non stop flights that other airports have because of it's horrific design.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:44 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,617,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
I never understood people praising the walk to your gate when you will most likely have to change a plane somewhere and walk a long ways because KC doesn't have the non stop flights that other airports have because of it's horrific design.
Kansas City has a LOT of nonstop flights. In fact, I can find a nonstop flight to just about anywhere from KC. This was discussed on another thread not long ago.

But don't bother with the facts, right?

Old 02-19-2016, 09:16 PM

80 posts, read 69,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Kansas City has a LOT of nonstop flights. In fact, I can find a nonstop flight to just about anywhere from KC. This was discussed on another thread not long ago.

But don't bother with the facts, right?
I can't believe I will go with Luzianne on this one, but the fact of people saying that KCI does not have many non-stop flights to places that matter prove that they do not know much about the airport. Pick a major American city, chances are there is at least 1 non-stop flight to it. That includes Toronto. Now, do I think KCI needs that new terminal, you better believe I do. Why? because I think those non-stop flights are not as functional as they would be if we have more updated terminal.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:02 PM

35,819 posts, read 39,375,570 times
I've never NOT had a nonstop flight from KCI.

Old 02-20-2016, 02:41 AM

7,661 posts, read 5,643,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzacosf View Post
I can't believe I will go with Luzianne on this one, but the fact of people saying that KCI does not have many non-stop flights to places that matter prove that they do not know much about the airport. Pick a major American city, chances are there is at least 1 non-stop flight to it. That includes Toronto. Now, do I think KCI needs that new terminal, you better believe I do. Why? because I think those non-stop flights are not as functional as they would be if we have more updated terminal.
No other debate has ever seen more creativity abound.

You go with luzianne, but then turn around and brew up another KCI "problem" too vague even to define? What, on earth, is a "non-functional" non-stop flight?

Old 02-20-2016, 04:08 AM

48,915 posts, read 39,401,698 times
I have always liked KCI.

I do find the thread funny though if you go back to the beginning.

One disgruntled person from out of town, called a troll....now here we are with the same people praising the new airport proposal and all it's improvements.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:01 AM

7,661 posts, read 5,643,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have always liked KCI.

I do find the thread funny though if you go back to the beginning.

One disgruntled person from out of town, called a troll....now here we are with the same people praising the new airport proposal and all it's improvements.
Indeed it is.

And the fact that almost all of these "Get it together KC....people actually laugh at your city" posts are essentially identical cannot possibly go unnoticed. I think there's about 4 people who consider spending a billion dollars on a new terminal a worthwhile investment. But, by exploiting every avenue available in today's social media, they make it seem to the easily led much more.

I remember fondly a pre-Internet world where few of the most outlandish eccentric voices were ever heard. In that world, KCI was the "coolest" major airport ever built. It still is - more than ever.

Sadly, though, in today's world the most outlandish eccentricity screams the loudest in social media. Thus many people feel almost an obligation to dive into it in an attempt to provide balance....in the hope of slowing the world's progress toward the edge of the final cliff.

Just think what we could accomplish if we didn't have to waste that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or