U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 08:14 AM

403 posts, read 301,983 times

Advertisements

You people seriously don't think kci needs a new terminal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 06:05 PM

519 posts, read 469,828 times
I just picked up two out of town friends from Houston at the airport. They landed and deplaned before I got there so they had a bit of a wait. The first words out of their mouths when they got in my car was "that's weird small airport" They were shocked at the airport within their first ten minutes and was not impressed. Also, they couldn't believe the distance drive it was back to Lee's Summit. So for them, they thought the airports location was in the outskirts of no where and not impressed of KCI's terminal.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:34 PM

12,633 posts, read 14,646,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
I just picked up two out of town friends from Houston at the airport. They landed and deplaned before I got there so they had a bit of a wait. The first words out of their mouths when they got in my car was "that's weird small airport" They were shocked at the airport within their first ten minutes and was not impressed. Also, they couldn't believe the distance drive it was back to Lee's Summit. So for them, they thought the airports location was in the outskirts of no where and not impressed of KCI's terminal.
And why should we care what random out of towners think?

Old 02-20-2016, 10:46 PM

105 posts, read 69,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
because some of these "random out of towners" could possibly be future tax paying Kansas Citians... What kind of question was that?

Old 02-20-2016, 10:49 PM

105 posts, read 69,428 times
From what I understand. This new airport will not be tax payer's dollars. This should be paid for by the airlines, am i right? If that is true, then why are you people complaining about it? I'm honestly confused.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:10 PM

403 posts, read 301,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twan2001 View Post
From what I understand. This new airport will not be tax payer's dollars. This should be paid for by the airlines, am i right? If that is true, then why are you people complaining about it? I'm honestly confused.
My thoughts exactly. It's fear of change and Kansas City people suffer badly from such fear.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:52 PM

941 posts, read 1,007,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksider2brooklyn View Post
You people seriously don't think kci needs a new terminal?
It shocks me to no end.

KCI is a dump but a lot of people are determined to prevent any progress.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:33 AM

1,298 posts, read 987,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Because random out of towners use it too. Who gave Kansas Citians the impression that their airport is some kind of intensely private thing, and the rest of the world should butt out? It's an airport, not a freaking post office or DMV.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:17 AM

49,039 posts, read 39,482,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
It shocks me to no end.

KCI is a dump but a lot of people are determined to prevent any progress.
What's wierd is that within the pace of a couple years upgrading the airport and noting it's problems has somehow shifted from being "hating by trolls" to "a push for progress".

It's a fine airport for flying out of and back to just quick in and out.

I would not want to be stuck there however for any length of time since it lacks many amenities but for me I'm not impacted by this so it's fine for me but I recognize the valid arguments others are making about it.

As for being "far out" well that's not going to change anytime soon and frankly criticizing the place because you happen to live out in the far opposite corner of the metro is *shrug*.

Regardless, it isn't moving.

P.S. It's funny that we recognize the airport is a long way out but people keep stupidly wanting to sink huge huge amounts of money running an epic length light rail out to it THROUGH LARGELY UNPOPULATED AREAS . It would be cheaper to operate a free limo service.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:22 PM

12,633 posts, read 14,646,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
Because random out of towners use it too. Who gave Kansas Citians the impression that their airport is some kind of intensely private thing, and the rest of the world should butt out? It's an airport, not a freaking post office or DMV.
I have said it before and I'll say it again. LAX is WAY worse than MCI, yet I don't see LA people screaming that it has to be rebuilt to please out of towners. Why is LA okay with their airport and Kansas Citians are supposed to be "embarrassed" because of theirs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or