Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 03:04 PM

13 posts, read 105,572 times

Advertisements

I will be flying out of KCI for the first time next week and I have absolutely no clue how to navigate the place. KCI's website has a few different parking options. Garage, circle, economy, and valet. Can anyone suggest which one is best? Are there shuttle services for each of these options? Do I need to drive to the terminal I need to be at and park, or do I park and the shuttle takes me to the terminal? When you're getting off of 29 and heading towards the airport, are there signs directing you where to go? Do you check in at the terminal?

Sorry about all of the questions. I have extremely limited airport experience and to be quite honest, the thought of driving through KCI for the first time not knowing what the hell i'm doing is making me a nervous wreck!! Any suggestions about navigating KCI would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 03:19 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,044,371 times
I think the signage is clearly marked.

Economy parking is $5.50 per day, I think. That's what I use. You park in the lot associated with the terminal (A, B, C) where your flight is located. The shuttle buses are blue, and run frequently. If you're driving on I-29 from the south, you'll exit right, fly left back over the interstate, and look for the Economy Parking exit on your right. It's not far from where you exit I-29. You'll even see signs indicating how many spaces are available. Keep your ticket, because you'll turn it in with your payment when you leave the lot upon your return. Remember the "bus stop" (B3, for example) closest to your car as well.

The other parking lots, "circle lots," are more expensive, but within walking distance of the terminal. You would drive all the way to the terminal where your airline is located, and look for the entrance to the lots.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:43 PM

3 posts, read 23,101 times
The economy parking is now $7 per day which is still cheaper than parking at the terminal. If you park at the terminal garage it will cost about $20 per day.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:12 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I always do the economy lot, which is super easy, affordable, and the shuttles make frequent runs.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:40 AM

6,816 posts, read 11,542,919 times
Agree economy parking definitely the way to go, and pretty hassle free. If you get "ValPak" coupons, the ones that come in the light blue envelope, check for a "one free day" coupon they run occasionally. You will park in a lot that corresponds with the terminal you are flying out of, i.e., the Terminal 2 lot shuttles only go to Terminal 2, so be sure to get in the correct lot. Plenty of signs to explain which airlines are where.

If you are traveling with another person and have quite a bit of luggage, my suggestion is to drop the other person off at the terminal with the bags then you go park and come back on the shuttle.

There is also a privately run lot called The Parking Spot which is more expensive than the airport-run parking, but they do have covered parking available.

And as Radiosilence else mentioned, remember which shuttle stop you boarded from and also WHERE your car is relative to that stop. I have a few embarassing stories I could tell from the days when I was traveling almost every week and I got mixed up on where I parked my car that week. Incidentally, do you know that airport security goes through the lots every night and records every license plate number? Just to help dummies like me (thank goodness it never got to that point) and also to search for stolen cars.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:31 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,464,399 times
On the KCI website they always have one day free Parking coupons
here is the current one

http://www.flykci.com/Link.asp?Url=h...13%2FIndex.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City