U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-10-2013, 08:51 AM

491 posts, read 507,022 times
Check out the link xenokc posted for an idea of the status of the connections in various areas. It seems like they have been running a bit behind their projected roll out schedule (big surprise).

I haven't personally heard of many apartments that are currently connected. I do know a number of condo buildings that have been advertising the fact that they are scheduled for fiber.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 AM

14 posts, read 9,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySage View Post
Any updates? Looking for apartments with google fiber...would even buy a condo if it had google fiber hookup.
I rented in Union Hill (30th and Main) and we are getting Fiber in July. There is a vacant unit next door that would also be getting Fiber in a month or so.

These are rowhomes overlooking the city, so pricey to rent or buy. Can provide more information if interested.

Jeremy

Old 12-12-2013, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 527 times
Default Apartments that offer GoogleFiber to their residents.

Hi I wanted to know which apartments offered GoogleFiber to their residents. Below is a link provided by a Google representative in our area who directed me to Google's list of area apartments providing their services.
Hope you find it as helpful as I have.
Blessings!

Old 01-01-2014, 11:47 PM

2 posts, read 607 times
FYI the Village West Luxury Apartments in KCK will have Google Fiber, per their Facebook anyways...

Old 01-05-2014, 10:54 AM

180 posts, read 76,259 times
A friend of mine in Sunset Apartments on the Plaza is getting it.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 671 times
I have been searching too. Here is a link to properties that have entered into agreements w/google fiber:

https://fiber.google.com/support/apartments/list/

Old 01-24-2014, 10:57 AM

16 posts, read 6,273 times
A lot of midtown/downtown neighborhoods now have Google Fiber in apts/condos or very close to installing. But need to check on case by case basis because some didn't pursue it. Most buildings that have Google generally include 5Mbit connection for free and then you can upgrade to Gigabit later if you want it. Can also usually mix/match TimeWarner for TV service and Google for internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City