U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 09:30 AM

5 posts, read 7,630 times

Advertisements

I'm excited you'll be moving to Raytown! I think you will like it. I'm not real familiar with the area you will be moving, but I live about a mile east from there. We looked at some houses in neighborhoods around the area you described, and, like you, never found anything objectionable in any of the neighborhoods.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 10:30 AM

141 posts, read 238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
Hi, you might do a search on the Raytown YMCA, I think it might be closing. Also, I grew up in Raytown in the 1970's, then it was a desirable suburb to move to now less so. Raytown is diverse, more so than just about any other metro suburb. It's close proximity to so much makes it a great place to base oneself.
I looked it up and am disappointed, though I guess there are other YMCA's not too far away. They were recommending one on Troost, but I've heard bad things about Troost in general. I may have to pick another one, lol. I'll look around. I'm still feeling good about moving there.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion1 View Post
I'm excited you'll be moving to Raytown! I think you will like it. I'm not real familiar with the area you will be moving, but I live about a mile east from there. We looked at some houses in neighborhoods around the area you described, and, like you, never found anything objectionable in any of the neighborhoods.
Me too and I think its all going to work out. Looking forward to it! I have family all over the KC metro area and in Lawrence so it will be nice to have some people I can call on for things too.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:22 PM

37,413 posts, read 50,681,705 times
The Troost YMCA is actually quite a nice facility.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The Troost YMCA is actually quite a nice facility.
Well, that is good to hear. I will look more into it and check it out probably when I get there. I work out at least 5 days a week so gotta belong to a gym. We like the indoor pool in the winter and I love that the YMCA has all kinds of activities for the kids and childcare for my little one when I am there.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:48 PM

14 posts, read 14,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemonkeys View Post
Well, that is good to hear. I will look more into it and check it out probably when I get there. I work out at least 5 days a week so gotta belong to a gym. We like the indoor pool in the winter and I love that the YMCA has all kinds of activities for the kids and childcare for my little one when I am there.
i'll have to look into the YMCA when i get there! I didn't know they offered childcare when working out/doing activities

Old 03-28-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklepees View Post
i'll have to look into the YMCA when i get there! I didn't know they offered childcare when working out/doing activities

Yes they do, for children 8 and under, I believe. It's one of the reasons I am actually able to work out! LOL

Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 PM

18 posts, read 28,449 times
Having spent a lot of time in Raytown as a kid from more LS way, and having worked a temp job with the Census in the area a decade and a half ago, there were no places I was apprehensive about going in Raytown proper. I would say that it goes more upscale the further east and north you go, but some of the places I am thinking about may be in Indep or KCMO proper. The family friends we had went to Raytown HS and I think they got a fine education. I don't know as much about Ray South other than the basketball team. I thought they were a pretty dirty playing team under Bud Lathrop.

BTW, is Rickey Road still the place where people go to dump old couches and washing machines?

Old 12-30-2014, 10:50 AM

3 posts, read 4,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereAgainstMyWill View Post
BTW, is Rickey Road still the place where people go to dump old couches and washing machines?
sorry for resurrecting an old thread but i laughed a little when i read this. yes it's still the place for dumping junk. i drive down rickey rd every day after work to bypass (most of) 50/350 hwy on my way out pick my daughter up from daycare

Old 01-02-2015, 11:26 AM

14,165 posts, read 26,120,555 times
Here's an updated list of Raytown businesses. My favorite is "Chez Ray" lol!

Raytown - Mama's Family Wiki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City