Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 05:54 PM

638 posts, read 624,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
But it's important to understand the history here, Josh. JoCo and Kansas were under relentless attack here before I joined the forum 7 years ago. Led by the same member that leads the continuing charge today.

You're right....this stuff ruins the forum. But imagine for a moment what this forum would be with no one, like luzianne, standing up to the attacks. Outsiders with no first hand knowledge of the KC metro would be convinced beyond any doubt that JoCo and Kansas were hell on earth and that it is the nation's central gathering point for the most evil in the human species.

Luzianne is angry and with good reason. This forum quickly becomes an utter wasteland of misinformation without the perseverance of people like her. Seven years later, I still have hope....and the forum is fortunate that luzianne hasn't given up either.
Didn't Luzianne start this forum? It didn't seem like a defense. Her attitude (though she is often objective) rightfully rubs people (me included) the wrong way.

This forum is a very subjective place. JoCo supporters say that it used to be full of KCMO supporters, while KCMO people say it was just the opposite.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:54 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
As I said before, KCMO cameback. Your comments proved what I already figured you thought about everything thats not JoCo. Then you wonder why people don't like Johnson county people...
Yes, but for a long time KCMO did not come back. And the suburbs were fine. What I mainly have a problem with is people who think like kcmo, their attitude toward Johnson County, which is pretty much the opposite of my thoughts. And then you wonder why people don't like KCMO people...

Yes, I have a problem with people in KCMO trying to blame KCMO's problems on Johnson County. It's not Johnson County's fault if KCMO doesn't thrive. Johnson County contributes a LOT to the metro, including a big influx of money from Johnson County supporting all kinds of KCMO things, like I mentioned before - Kauffman Center, Nelson Atkins, etc. etc.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:06 PM

638 posts, read 624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yes, I have a problem with people in KCMO trying to blame KCMO's problems on Johnson County. It's not Johnson County's fault if KCMO doesn't thrive. Johnson County contributes a LOT to the metro, including a big influx of money from Johnson County supporting all kinds of KCMO things, like I mentioned before - Kauffman Center, Nelson Atkins, etc. etc.
Kansas City people also contribute to Johnson County

I would be more willing to agree if KCMO (in an attempt to bash Johnson County) had started this thread, but he didn't...

Old 03-18-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:

I would be more willing to agree if KCMO (in an attempt to bash Johnson County) had started this thread, but he didn't...
I would say that more Johnson County people contribute to things in KCMO than vice versa, but whatever.

He bashes Johnson County any chance he gets, including stalking anything I post just so he CAN bash Johnson County. If I post anything, you can bet he will be along within minutes to add his 2 cents. I, on the other hand, quite often refrain from posting on things that I see him post. He also repeatedly makes posts bashing Johnson County. But believe what you want. The threads speak for themselves.

AND I posted this thread because others (mainly kcmo) continually post about Johnson County's "corporate welfare." Yet when the corporate welfare is done by KCMO, they ignore it. If others are allowed to post about Johnson County's corporate welfare, I am certainly allowed to post the same thing about KCMO. And after I posted it, kcmo was here within minutes to derail this thread.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:14 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,886,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
This forum quickly becomes an utter wasteland of misinformation
You are delusional, I have posted nothing but facts here with links backing them up. You and luz choose to completely disregard them.

She started this thread trying to make a big deal out of the city subsidizing an apartment tower which really has nothing to do with the bistate border war and other regional friction in KC area politics. It blew up in her face. I even posted links showing that Olatha and Lenexa are building much smaller commercial projects with a much higher percent of public funds in greenfileds no less. No response to that of course.

Like I said, KCMO and Missouri can not even compete with the corporate welfare that Kansas throws around. They don't need to buy every company that comes into the state from a bordering state, although it's looking like Missouri is about to start throwing its weight around and if they do, you may have lot of empty office parks off 435 in the next decade. It's obvious that MO can do the same thing and KS companies will take them up on the offer. It's just too bad it has come to this. If this keeps, up metro KC will have the highest sales and property taxes in the country and nothing to show for it. But at least companies can get new state funded office space every 5-10 years.

The primary county in Kansas is basically propped up with an incredible amount of tax money while nearly every other county and city in the state from KCK to Topeka to Wichita to rural Kansas suffers. Johnson County (and two college towns) is about all Kansas has and the everybody in Kansas knows it and that's why they simply refuse to work with the rest of the metro area they are a part of. They need it or they have nothing. I can't remember the last time a major employer moved to JoCo from another part of the country, which is amazing because Kansas will give just about anybody just about any amount of cash and office space to come there.

Nobody hates Johnson County. It's a suburb. There is nothing to hate about it. The same thing can be found in any metro area all across the county. I have never heard anybody say they wished it were bulldozed. I have never wished that. It's a great suburban area filled with hundreds of thousands of good people. It's just that most people there are simply clueless to what's going on though and don't realize the details of how the county functions by poaching and freeloading off Missouri and really its own Kansas tax payers as well. Then you have people like luz who couldn't care less about anything outside of JoCo and wouldn't miss the city if it were leveled. To be fair there are people like that in the MO suburbs too.

The bottom line is that JoCo has been nothing but a thorn in the side of KCMO when it could be a partner making the KC area a trully great place. The state line and lack of regional cooperation keeps KC from competing with places like Denver and Dallas and keeps the metro a third or fourth tier city that is insular and just competes with itself.

I guess that's the way KC people like it because people on both sides of the issue generally blow it off, although maybe that's changing with Missouri getting more aggressive and vocal about the issues.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I would say that more Johnson County people contribute to things in KCMO than vice versa, but whatever.

He bashes Johnson County any chance he gets, including stalking anything I post just so he CAN bash Johnson County. If I post anything, you can bet he will be along within minutes to add his 2 cents. I, on the other hand, quite often refrain from posting on things that I see him post. He also repeatedly makes posts bashing Johnson County. But believe what you want. The threads speak for themselves.

AND I posted this thread because others (mainly kcmo) continually post about Johnson County's "corporate welfare." Yet when the corporate welfare is done by KCMO, they ignore it. If others are allowed to post about Johnson County's corporate welfare, I am certainly allowed to post the same thing about KCMO. And after I posted it, kcmo was here within minutes to derail this thread.
There are tons of recent threads about JoCo right here on the first page of the forum where I have said nothing or if I did post, I had nothing to bad to say about JoCo. I certainly have not stalked you. It's almost as if you posted a few times about JoCo and because I didn't post in them you got bored and posted this thread. I think you are completely losing it.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Didn't Luzianne start this forum? It didn't seem like a defense. Her attitude (though she is often objective) rightfully rubs people (me included) the wrong way.

I started this forum? Uh...no. kcmo's attitude rightfully rubs people (me included) the wrong way. His hateful derision of Johnson County is what bothers me. Thankfully, I know NO ONE in real life who is seething with hatred for Johnson County like he is.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I started this forum? Uh...no. kcmo's attitude rightfully rubs people (me included) the wrong way. His hateful derision of Johnson County is what bothers me. Thankfully, I know NO ONE in real life who is seething with hatred for Johnson County like he is.
I'm sure you don't, why would you even associate with those people over in kcmo or kck haha.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:42 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:

This forum is a very subjective place. JoCo supporters say that it used to be full of KCMO supporters, while KCMO people say it was just the opposite.
First, please read my first paragraph again and understand that this thread is a micron on the timeline of this endless border-war misuse of this forum.

Second, luzianne's comments were not directed to or prompted by you, so please don't take them to heart. I understand exactly where she is coming from as I have been here for the duration. It's not about you and it's not about any animosity toward Kansas City, Mo. - even when it may sound like it.
Quote:

See above. This thread is one counter-punch in a fight that is in its 2000th round. And, most importantly, luzianne didn't start it.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I'm sure you don't, why would you even associate with those people over in kcmo or kck haha.
And you know that's not true, which makes your biased ranting even more ridiculous. I have lived in KCK and KCMO. I have friends who live in KCK and KCMO. I live in Johnson County now because I prefer it. You've never lived in Johnson County (though you have admitted that you have crossed the state line to go to Shawnee Mission Park - does that make you a freeloader?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City