Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 09:18 AM

12 posts, read 22,046 times

Advertisements

How long with the commute time be from Parkville to basically the downtown area of KC KS? I made the mistake of moving to Raytown and the morning commute is not bad, 27 minutes, the coming home commute can be an 45 minutes plus! (And if there is a game or something else going on in the stadium, add at least another 45 minutes. The Monday Night Football game night, it took me two hours to get home.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 11:51 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,869,496 times
You must be a slow driver . Raytown to downtown KCK should only be a 20 minute commute. When I lived in the Blue Springs/Lee's Summit area and commuted downtown, it was rarely more than 30 minutes each way. There is just no traffic in KC and even where there is you can easily go around it because that surface streets are never congested. Normal rush hour delays on KC interstates rarely exceed 5-7 minutes over 20 mile commutes.

You may be having a bad few weeks though because of all the Royals playoff games and the Chiefs MNF game. I can see where that would create havoc on your commute, but I wouldn't move over that because I don't think the Royals are going to start drawing 40k a game and the Chiefs are lucky to get one home MNF game every five years.

But if you do move to Parkville, that will be one super easy commute. No delay what so ever, so probably 15 minutes tops. Keep in mind that they plan to replace the MO river bridges to Fairfax soon, so that could cause construction delays.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:25 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,973,891 times
That commute would be very easy, I'd think, via 635 and US 69 (Fairfax Bridge) straight across the Missouri River straight down 7th Street (which is US 69 through KCK)

Gladstone is similar to, but nicer than, Raytown. That might be another place to keep in mind for an easy commute into downtown KCK, along with North Kansas City and any parts of KCMO around Gladstone and Parkville. If you're a bit adventurous and want to live closer in the city, the Rosedale (KU Med) area of KCK would be a good choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City