U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Bon Bon started this thread

7 posts, read 9,684 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband (who is originally from Missouri) and I will be moving to Missouri some time this year. We currently live in Ontario, Canada.

My husband would prefer to live fairly close to Harrisonville, as that is where his immediate family lives.

We will be needing a real estate agent in the near future - any recommendations? We may have to rent, rather than buy. We also have 1 dog and 2 cats, plus 3 Dwarf Hamsters to accomodate! I've seen that some communities limit the # of pets and sometimes the breed of dog!

So far, we are interested in Belton, Raymore and Peculiar areas.

We don't know where we will be working either, which makes everything a bit more difficult too.

Any information, websites, etc...would be very helpful!

Thank you,
Bonnie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 08:09 PM

75 posts, read 255,000 times
The only breed ban that I would think applies around here would be some cities have bands on Pit Bulls. And, if there is a # restriction in a city, it is usually 3 pets and I've been told that is for cat and dogs. I think other inside pets aren't counted but would have to check to say 100%. Do you have children? Harrisonville has it's own school district and Peculiar and Raymore are in the same district. Good luck w/ your decision! I'm sure it will be nice to get here w/ family. Happy New Year!!!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:01 PM

5,933 posts, read 14,947,765 times
I work in Harrisonville and overall it is a nice town. It is experiencing slow, steady growth...the number of new businesses is growing too. Harrisonville is reknowned for its high school football team...I think they won every game this year, but they are being put into a tougher division next year + will have a new coach, so who knows what will happen. I can't think of any reason why you would not want to live there, unless you prefer more of a city environment. Harrisonville has a small town feel and the folks there like it that way.
Raymore and Belton are also nice...Raymore is one of the fastest growing towns in the nation.
Lake Winnebago is 15 minutes from Harrisonville, and Greenwood is 20 minutes from Harrisonville, if you are looking for other options that are a little closer to the city. Being that you don't know where you will be working, that is something to consider, as you may find more job opportunities in Kansas City, or even Lee's Summit, which is 30-35 minutes from Harrisonville and much larger.

You can check the classifieds here:
The Cass County Democrat Missourian
Lee's Summit Journal - Lee's Summit, Missouri (http://www.leessummitjournal.com/admarket/ - broken link)
Greenwood Dispatch Online - Your Hometown News Magazine
www.kansascity.com | Front Page

Old 01-07-2008, 05:42 PM

15,401 posts, read 21,482,632 times
Out of the three towns you mentioned I prefer Raymore. Raymore also one of the fastest growing towns in the metro area. Peculiar and Harrisonville are more rural and further away from the rest of the metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City