Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 01:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

Where is you job opportunity that you've switched gears from Overland Park to Spring Hill? The two communities are fairly far apart and dissimilar.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:28 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastward_ho View Post
Glad to hear that, since my wife keeps looking at Olathe..while I keep looking at Spring Hill...
Overland Park, (tucked far enough away from a highway), is more desirable than Olathe or Spring Hill.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:32 PM

27 posts, read 30,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Where is you job opportunity that you've switched gears from Overland Park to Spring Hill? The two communities are fairly far apart and dissimilar.
Job opp is in south Overland Park. We're looking for an area with a smaller town feel. While I was doing contract work in Northern California, we had a chance to live in a small community in the back-country for an extended period till my contract was up. We always said we'd end up settling in a place like that. Sounds like OP comes pretty close, but we're looking at other options south too.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:35 PM

Here is a boundary map of Overland Park, noting the highways that fall within its boundaries.

Overland Park, KS :: Boundary Map and Geodata for the City of Overland Park in Kansas, U.S.A. :: MapTechnica

Old 04-12-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Overland Park, (tucked far enough away from a highway), is more desirable than Olathe or Spring Hill.
Thanks, GraniteS. Good to know that too! I'm just glad I found this forum BEFORE I decided to just up and haul everything over there... I'm thankful to all the good folk here who are sharing their input!

Old 04-12-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Job opp is in south Overland Park. We're looking for an area with a smaller town feel. While I was doing contract work in Northern California, we had a chance to live in a small community in the back-country for an extended period till my contract was up. We always said we'd end up settling in a place like that. Sounds like OP comes pretty close, but we're looking at other options south too.
If you really want a small-town feel, you can probably look elsewhere, versus the second most populous community in the state, and the highest-population suburb in the metro.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks, GraniteS. Good to know that too! I'm just glad I found this forum BEFORE I decided to just up and haul everything over there... I'm thankful to all the good folk here who are sharing their input!
Again, if you check the map, you will see Overland Park is not, in fact, tucked away from major highways.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If you really want a small-town feel, you can probably look elsewhere, versus the second most populous community in the state, and the highest-population suburb in the metro.
Exactly!..

Old 04-12-2015, 01:43 PM

This also shows the size of Overland Park, within Johnson County, which shows its size in relation to other suburban communities in the county, as well as unincorporated areas.

Overland Park, Kansas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-12-2015, 02:03 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Hmmm...yeah Vic, I noticed when I input Olathe on spotcrime almost nothing came up. I thought I'd heard somewhere on this forum that Olathe has a higher crime rate because it's closer to I35? Maybe I'm wrong.

We have a similar crime-reporting site here in San Diego...haven't looked at it for a while, but I remember when they e-mailed you the map of incidents, you almost couldn't see the map anymore because it was layered over with too may incident icons...
No, Olathe has a higher crime rate because it's just plain seedy. And it was seedy when we first moved to Lenexa in '76. Didn't care for that area at all.

I had never heard of Olathe before we first moved to the area. Since then, I've seen it in a couple of old west movies and it was depicted as seedy even in them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City