Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2017, 12:28 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times

Advertisements

Latest rendering for downtown Hyatt

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 12:30 AM

Troost is getting hot. The Troost corridor could look very different in the coming years. It's kind of difficult to keep track of all the different proposals happening along Troost, so if people have more accurate details, please feel free to post them.

Here are some recently announced projects:

25th-26th and Troost. 350 market rate apartments in 10 and 12 story tower, 21k of retail and 81 townhome units.

26th and Troost. 182 market rate apartments, 12k of retail

30th and Troost. 84 market rate apartments, 35k of retail

55th and Troost.

Armour and Troost. 320 apartments and 25k of retail in new buildings on all four corners of intersection.

23rd and Troost Townhomes

24th and Troost. 90 room hotel

24th and Troost. UMKC Hospital Hill Student housing (recently complete)

Old 02-23-2017, 10:40 AM

709 posts, read 1,491,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Troost is getting hot. The Troost corridor could look very different in the coming years. It's kind of difficult to keep track of all the different proposals happening along Troost, so if people have more accurate details, please feel free to post them.
Good list. Here are a couple more:

A 3 phase, $18M project for Linwood and Troost by UC-B. 3 mixed-use buildings on the SW and SE corners, totaling 134 apartment units with ground floor retail in each building. I haven't seen any renderings for this project:

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...-proposal.html

This may not be worthy of adding to the list, since details are so lacking, but at the same UC-B and Milhaus were awarded the rights for the project on the NE Corner of 27th and Troost, Botwin Development was given the rights to the SW and SE corners. I think the assumptions was that they would renovate the historic mixed use building on the SW and new construction on the SE.

There is this rendering that focuses mostly on the UC-B section, but also shows a building on the SE corner. I think it may be somewhat speculative:

Just to the south of that currently vacant parcel is a nice little renovation that is just finishing up. A clothing boutique has moved in, a yoga studio will be joining. I believe there are a couple apartments above and talk of a coffee shop as another retail tenant.

Another small (but significant my eyes) retail development on Troost was the recent opening of Urban Cafe on 41st and Troost. There have been numerous cafes and eateries that come and go (often quickly) on Troost, but this is the highest quality establishment I have seen on Troost. It seems to be doing great business and has a lot of support from neighbors.

Also, where did you get the info on the townhomes at 23rd and Troost. I don't remember hearing about that one, although it wouldn't surprise me. That rendering, however, looks like the recently completed townhomes at Adrmiral Blvd and Troost.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOwlSaysHoot View Post
Good list. Here are a couple more:

A 3 phase, $18M project for Linwood and Troost by UC-B. 3 mixed-use buildings on the SW and SE corners, totaling 134 apartment units with ground floor retail in each building. I haven't seen any renderings for this project:

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...-proposal.html

This may not be worthy of adding to the list, since details are so lacking, but at the same UC-B and Milhaus were awarded the rights for the project on the NE Corner of 27th and Troost, Botwin Development was given the rights to the SW and SE corners. I think the assumptions was that they would renovate the historic mixed use building on the SW and new construction on the SE.

There is this rendering that focuses mostly on the UC-B section, but also shows a building on the SE corner. I think it may be somewhat speculative:

Just to the south of that currently vacant parcel is a nice little renovation that is just finishing up. A clothing boutique has moved in, a yoga studio will be joining. I believe there are a couple apartments above and talk of a coffee shop as another retail tenant.

Another small (but significant my eyes) retail development on Troost was the recent opening of Urban Cafe on 41st and Troost. There have been numerous cafes and eateries that come and go (often quickly) on Troost, but this is the highest quality establishment I have seen on Troost. It seems to be doing great business and has a lot of support from neighbors.

Also, where did you get the info on the townhomes at 23rd and Troost. I don't remember hearing about that one, although it wouldn't surprise me. That rendering, however, looks like the recently completed townhomes at Adrmiral Blvd and Troost.
Thanks for the extra info. You could be right on the 23rd and Troost project. Like I said, I don't know this Troost stuff like I know most other KC development. It sure it great to see all the attention Troost is getting though. It won't be easy though. Gentrification of areas like that in cities tends to produce a lot of pushback as you probably know due to displacement of long time low income residents. Although it shouldn't be too bad for KC since it's such a low cost of living area.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:58 AM

112 posts, read 99,695 times
Quote:
Latest rendering for downtown Hyatt
Blech. I'm sorry, but this is another in a long line of half-realized opportunities for KC.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:56 AM

Another large apartment project proposed for Westport:

Opus Development pursues apartment project at Broadway and Westport Road | The Kansas City Star

Old 03-19-2017, 11:56 AM

Interesting concept for a key block of the River Market. This would be huge for the River Market, especially the hotel.

Key things I see and like:

Most of this block is currently surface parking, this would wipe out all surface parking.

No existing structures would be demolished

This is a true mixed use project with hotel, apartments, office, flex space, recreational space and retail.

It adds much needed density, but keeps the taller buildings to the west edge of the River Market district, so it tapers down to the current scale of Delaware Street buildings.

Right on a main streetcar stop.

This is actually a well thought out idea for this block. Nice job BA Architecture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hreqp2nCB4o

Last edited by kcmo; 03-19-2017 at 12:31 PM..

Old 03-20-2017, 09:22 PM

78 posts, read 123,604 times
Quote:
Interesting concept for a key block of the River Market. This would be huge for the River Market, especially the hotel.

Key things I see and like:

Most of this block is currently surface parking, this would wipe out all surface parking.

No existing structures would be demolished

This is a true mixed use project with hotel, apartments, office, flex space, recreational space and retail.

It adds much needed density, but keeps the taller buildings to the west edge of the River Market district, so it tapers down to the current scale of Delaware Street buildings.

Right on a main streetcar stop.

This is actually a well thought out idea for this block. Nice job BA Architecture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hreqp2nCB4o
This needs to be built. I was just thinking that the River Market area could use a descent sized high rise. This will be a great addition to a already booming area.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:05 AM

Another surface parking lots bites the dust:

Old 03-25-2017, 12:16 AM

404 posts, read 456,755 times
Are they still building the twisty green tower?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City