Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Read my first post before voting.
KCI Airport? 0 0%
JoCo? 1 33.33%
Bad neighborhoods adjacent to the Plaza and Swope Park? 2 66.67%
Kauffman Stadium? 0 0%
Other? 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 10:19 PM

684 posts, read 790,823 times

Advertisements

Firstly, I would never want a tornado of any size to hit this city. This is just to simply entertain the idea of how to change this city's landscape.

Poll options for having an F5 tornado destroy which part of town:

1. KCI Airport? Have an F5 tornado demolish the terminal at KCI. Thus, so a new terminal could be built with the preexisting runways.

2. JoCo? Have an F5 tornado demolish much of the major infrastructure of the county. Thus, causing many of its (poached) businesses and residents to transplant back onto the Missouri side. The only problem with this however, is that all federal disaster/relief funding for redevelopment would go to the Kansas side.

3. The bad neighborhoods adjacent to the Plaza and Swope Park? Or parts of Kansas City's east side. Or just perhaps the entire Kansas City east side. Have an F5 tornado demolish much of these bad neighborhoods. Thus, forever changing the areas around the Plaza and Swope Park. By redeveloping them into safer and nicer communities compatible with the Plaza and Swope Park.

4. Kauffman Stadium? Have an F5 tornado destroy the stadium. Thus, it's finally rebuilt as a downtown ballpark. The only problem though, is that there wouldn't be enough ample amount of time to build a new stadium. Esp now that the Royals are good. It would take years to build a new downtown stadium.

5. Other?

Old 07-31-2015, 10:32 PM

I voted for destroying and then redeveloping the bad neighborhoods nigh unto the Plaza and Swope Park. Possibly transplanting many of those current residents out into a suburb somewhere. Or just into south KC.

Swope Park is a very beautiful park. And I think more needs to be done to showcase how beautiful it is. But the one complaint that everyone has, is that it (or the adjacent neighborhoods) is not very safe.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:36 PM

638 posts, read 623,442 times
Wth is this? I thought we were one city. Why would someone wish that on ANY part of the world. Have you ever heard of gentrification? Look it up. Mods please DELETE this thread.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:52 PM

I know about gentrification. But that's not going on fast enough in those areas. More needs to be done! Tornado is just an exaggeration of displeasure that more isn't being done. That's not to be taken seriously. Almost in a way, that if you can change any part of this city (only exaggerating by tornado) than what would that change be?

Also, it's a little bit of a jab at community and city leaders, in that we would have to exaggerate a tornado for change.

Geez, I meant no harm with this topic. Only being a little silly. This forum can get really boring with very little traffic at times. Thought I'd just create something out of its boredom.

P.S. I did say, "This is just to simply entertain the idea of how to change this city's landscape." I want the areas around the Plaza and Swope Park to change. I'm tired of hearing about all of the bad stories that happen in and around those areas because of all the adjacent crime infested neighborhoods.

Last edited by Truly Missouri; 08-01-2015 at 12:11 AM..

Old 08-01-2015, 10:13 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,705,622 times
This is a funny post. I like it.

I voted for the bad neighborhoods. The other choices we can all live with. The bad neighborhoods just need to go.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:44 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,712,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
Wth is this? I thought we were one city. Why would someone wish that on ANY part of the world. Have you ever heard of gentrification? Look it up. Mods please DELETE this thread.
Thank you. If there was ever a pointless trolling thread, it is this.

Yes, mods, please nip this in the bud and delete the thread. And please watch the KC forum closely for this kind of pollution, as this is far from the first time.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:57 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
As a person whose community WAS destroyed by an F5 tornado in 1998, I have to say that this is one of the more stupid threads I have ever seen on city-data, which is saying a lot.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
This is a funny post. I like it.

I voted for the bad neighborhoods. The other choices we can all live with. The bad neighborhoods just need to go.
Some people are just too uptight. It kind of was meant to be a funny post. But, you can't make mention of Kansas, without problems. Or KU, without problems. Or Wichita's airport, without problems. But I like your lax attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
As a person whose community WAS destroyed by an F5 tornado in 1998, I have to say that this is one of the more stupid threads I have ever seen on city-data, which is saying a lot.
I admit I should have probably phrased this topic differently, but what I was trying to achieve was the idea for an instant and dramatic change. That could only happen by way of a tornado. I really didn't think that people would be this sensitive. Of course, Crownvic is sensitive to everything. And will bandwagon his support behind anyone he doesn't like.

The whole gist of this thread was in part to the neighborhoods around the Plaza and Swope Park. I hate those neighborhoods. And I would want them to be changed instantly. That was my frustration. I'm tired of hearing the same old yada yada about them with no resolve. The rest of the poll, was meant to be just a little harmless pun. To see if anyone would actually vote for JoCo.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:16 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,381,724 times
I don't think there's a way "What part of Kansas City would you want most to be destroyed by an F5 tornado?" could be phrased differently.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I don't think there's a way "What part of Kansas City would you want most to be destroyed by an F5 tornado?" could be phrased differently.
What part of Kansas City would you want most changed? Immediately. Tornado shouldn't have been the source for that change though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: