Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 07:46 PM

684 posts, read 791,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The common denominator is you.
No, it's three different handles who happen to be JoCo supporters and KU grads (though I'm not sure if pioneer88 is a KU grad), and who have all used that same cliche to flame me. It is fishy. As if, it's all in your head.

luzianne, like shindig, you also follow kcrag???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 08:14 PM

495 posts, read 778,360 times
I've been a member of KCRag since October 2003, back when there were only a dozen or so posters in its inception....and KCMO (Grid and before that KCgridlock) and KCpowerCat were the developers. KCMO is probably trying to figure out my handle, which is still the same...lol. He probably knows based on past posts.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:24 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
No, it's three different handles who happen to be JoCo supporters and KU grads (though I'm not sure if pioneer88 is a KU grad), and who have all used that same cliche to flame me. It is fishy. As if, it's all in your head.

luzianne, like shindig, you also follow kcrag???
I think it's more to do with you than people being JoCo supporters or KU grads.

No, I never go to kcrag.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:11 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,886,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shindig View Post
I've been a member of KCRag since October 2003, back when there were only a dozen or so posters in its inception....and KCMO (Grid and before that KCgridlock) and KCpowerCat were the developers. KCMO is probably trying to figure out my handle, which is still the same...lol. He probably knows based on past posts.
I know who you are and you are not the only one from KC Rag that post on here. I just don't see the need to post people's handles on other forums as a matter of fact, I don't really ever call people out at all. I'll debate them, but I won't personally attack them unless provoked. I get personally attacked all the time though just because people don't like what I have to say even though what I say is just real things that are going on. Yea, me and kcpowercat started that forum back when downtown KC was a joke, but things were starting to happen. It's cool that the forum is still very active although I don't post as often as I used to. But as you know, we started that forum because we loved the city and wanted to do something to get others interested.

We are on the same page shindig most of the time, you just tend to go off on me when I post negative posts. Like I have told other members, these forums are not chamber of commerce BS brochures, they are for discussing multiple viewpoints of real issues. I happen to think KCI is a joke and is way past its time. The city is stuck in 1960 with respect to its airport terminal. It's not a reflection of the entire city, but the airport is in fact a mess and the airport is a reflection to outsiders of the city. I'm open to any alternatives to fix KCI, however, most plans I have seen are a waste of money and most renovation ideas will not only cost more and not fully modernize the terminal, they will also remove the convenience factor that most people that like KCI love so much. If you want convenience, user friendliness, short lines, short walks, nicer restrooms, restaurants, retail options, close parking/ground transportation and better connections between gates all in better lit, more open and modern environment, you won't get that with renovations unless you do near total tear down. Considering I only use KCI a few times a year, I don't even know why I care, other than I think it will hurt the city to continue to do nothing with it. I would also hate to see the city cave and do another half ass renovation that cost a half billion dollars. Do it right the first time (or second time really). It wasn't fair to call me out as somebody that wants to tear everything down and build new. That couldn't be further from the truth. I have zero emotional ties to KCI and couldn't care less about those terminals. But I think you know that KCI is really the only issue where I would like to see something new replace it.

Truly Missouri. I get your frustration with Kansas and how the image of Kansas messes up KCMO's image and how the Kansas side pretty much runs the metro area now. I agree with some of what you say and disagree with some of your other opinions. KU Med is a hospital that serves the region. I don't think it's a problem at all. It's not like there is a KU jayhawk logo behind home plate. Honeslty, I dont get why KU Med pays so much to advertise at Kauffman since their market is very local. You would think companies that want more national exposure would advertise behind home plate and on the outfield walls, but whatever, KU Med is fine. I hate how the image of Kansas affects KC and hate how everybody thinks about Kansas stereotypes when they think of KC. KC should have its own image not related to the state of Kansas. But at the same time, all I have ever wanted to see was for the entire metro area to come together as one and all the suburbs have a vested interest in the urban core of KCMO (and KCK). That's it. If 800k people can show up downtown for the Royals, you would think you could get them on the same page that the health of the city is just as important to Olathe residents as River Market residents. I think most of your post are spot on though TM and you really get the big picture. It's not about MO or KS, it's about KC and KC culture and economy has shifted to the KS side, although it's starting to shift back.

I would just like to fly to KC and not have that depressed feeling I always have when walk into the airport terminal. For the love of god, do something with the place.

Last edited by kcmo; 01-22-2016 at 09:21 PM..

Old 01-22-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I think it's more to do with you than people being JoCo supporters or KU grads.

No, I never go to kcrag.
Oops. Sorry. It's pioneer88 who follows kcrag:

KCRag Forum

And who also happens to be a JoCo supporter, and who also happens to use the same cliches to flame people as you and shindig use.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Oops. Sorry. It's pioneer88 who follows kcrag:

KCRag Forum

And who also happens to be a JoCo supporter, and who also happens to use the same cliches to flame people as you and shindig use.
I don't recall ever saying "it's all in your head." You do come off as kind of hysterical and not thinking clearly sometimes, though. And that observation has nothing to do with Johnson County or KU.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
I don't recall ever saying "it's all in your head." You do come off as kind of hysterical and not thinking clearly sometimes, though. And that observation has nothing to do with Johnson County or KU.
Here's my hysteria and not thinking clearly for you:

I've also recalled you using that saying elsewhere, but I just easily remembered where to find that one on my comments list.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:24 PM

Well, I don't think any of us conspired and decided to tell you it's in your head. Those posts are a year apart. Do you see how ridiculous it is to accuse people of using the same phrase toward you? No one got together and decided that's what we'd say to you. I didn't even remember saying that - my God, it more than a year and a half ago! If separate people told you that, I think there is something to it and you should recognize that. You do get kind of whacked out at times and say things that are really off the wall and sometimes just a really strange thought process.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Well, I don't think any of us conspired and decided to tell you it's in your head. Those posts are a year apart. Do you see how ridiculous it is to accuse people of using the same phrase toward you? No one got together and decided that's what we'd say to you. I didn't even remember saying that - my God, it more than a year and a half ago! If separate people told you that, I think there is something to it and you should recognize that. You do get kind of whacked out at times and say things that are really off the wall and sometimes just a really strange thought process.
Well, everything you've just said is your own opinion and is... all in your own head. And, there's no need to get defensively whacked out and start throwing out attacks about psyche. I don't question your psyche. Because that would be an insecurity to any argument if I went off course with personal attacks.

And yes, it's very notable to me when three people flame me using the same style of a cliche. Esp, when it's those same three people who give me the hardest time here at city-data. They just all, happen to use the same cliche. Even if it is spaced out and not overly used. Though I had already said that I've seen you say that elsewhere. Though you said that you've never said it at all, but now, you know that I was not lying. So, anyways, maybe KU alums just like to overly chant "It's all in your head" at basketball games or something.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Well, everything you've just said is your own opinion and is... all in your own head. And, there's no need to get defensively whacked out and start throwing out attacks about psyche. I don't question your psyche. Because that would be an insecurity to any argument if I went off course with personal attacks.

And yes, it's very notable to me when three people flame me using the same style of a cliche. Esp, when it's those same three people who give me the hardest time here at city-data. They just all, happen to use the same cliche. Even if it is spaced out and not overly used. Though I had already said that I've seen you say that elsewhere. Though you said that you've never said it at all, but now, you know that I was not lying. So, anyways, maybe KU alums just like to overly chant "It's all in your head" at basketball games or something.
Okay. Think whatever you want. Makes no difference to me.

And I said nothing about your psyche. I just said your posts are off the wall sometimes, and they are. And they are getting that way again tonight. I'm not going to respond to it anymore tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City