Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2016, 08:46 AM

38 posts, read 73,170 times

Advertisements

Was trying to remember the location of my pediatricians’ original office who practiced in Independence. Dr. James VanBiber and Dr. Pugh moved into their new office in 1962. I remember the office as being a one story building with trees in front and I think my dad had to park in front of the office on the street. Does anyone know where the original office would have been? Post 3241 in the Independence thread shows a building number but I can’t find the street it refers to. I’d like to go see the building some day.
The following was taken from the Jan. 21 through 27, 1962, Examiner.
The new tenants occupying the new professional building at 1612 W. Truman, directly across the street from the Independence Sanitarium and Hospital, are Dr. James T. VanBiber, Dr. Richard G. Pugh, Dr. Ernest D. Szabados and Dr. Herman J. Hausheer, medical doctors, and Dr. B. D. Branstetterand Dr. Roy H. Schaefer, dentists. The building was built by Dr. VanBiber and Dr. Pugh.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 10:17 AM

3,324 posts, read 3,419,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo70 View Post
Was trying to remember the location of my pediatricians’ original office who practiced in Independence. Dr. James VanBiber and Dr. Pugh moved into their new office in 1962. I remember the office as being a one story building with trees in front and I think my dad had to park in front of the office on the street. Does anyone know where the original office would have been? Post 3241 in the Independence thread shows a building number but I can’t find the street it refers to. I’d like to go see the building some day.
The following was taken from the Jan. 21 through 27, 1962, Examiner.
The new tenants occupying the new professional building at 1612 W. Truman, directly across the street from the Independence Sanitarium and Hospital, are Dr. James T. VanBiber, Dr. Richard G. Pugh, Dr. Ernest D. Szabados and Dr. Herman J. Hausheer, medical doctors, and Dr. B. D. Branstetterand Dr. Roy H. Schaefer, dentists. The building was built by Dr. VanBiber and Dr. Pugh.

The address shown above, 1612 W Truman, is now vacant land. That building has been gone for years. It was on the NE corner of Truman & Forest, across from the San. There was another local pediatrician's office at the NE corner of Winner & Sterling. That office is still in business.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:59 PM

I am looking for the address of the office before they moved to the office across the street from the hospital.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:14 PM

4,711 posts, read 5,686,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo70 View Post
I am looking for the address of the office before they moved to the office across the street from the hospital.
Post 3241 referred to 317 West Kansas, which would be at Kansas and Spring.

This is 317 W Kansas, today. One of the courthouses in Independence isacross the street.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:25 PM

That's what I remember. There is more of the building behind the trees. Surprised the building is still there. I'll go looking for it on one of my days off. Thank you very much for the info and picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: