Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2016, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 598 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Olathe June 12 from NC. I see that my choices are ATT, Xfinity. And Google Fiber. We currently have Time Warner Triple Play. Any feedback would be appreciated. Don't know much about google fiber, but would like Internet, TV and maybe phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 03:52 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,131,659 times
Get Google Fiber. We have been waiting a long time for it and finally it is coming to my area. We are counting the days till we can ditch Time Warner.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:27 PM

172 posts, read 152,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Get Google Fiber. We have been waiting a long time for it and finally it is coming to my area. We are counting the days till we can ditch Time Warner.
Very true, though YMMV. When we moved to KC(MO), the neighborhood already had Google Fiber, but the previous owners did not sign up. We eventually got Fiber through a second wave of neighborhood installations. If you can use Google Fiber, because the previous homeowners installed it, great! Go for it! Otherwise, you might be stuck with U-Verse, TWC, or something less than stellar.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:12 PM

377 posts, read 564,279 times
Google Fiber. I had TW and apart from the outages and billing screwups, when I called to cancel they couldn't have been harder to deal with. I had to fight some CS rep for 15 minutes to finally get my service cancelled. Google Fiber is cheaper, faster, offers easy online access to all my account info, and has great customer service.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:16 PM

6,773 posts, read 11,408,854 times
You know what pissed me off about Time Warner? We switched to U-Verse (which we really like) and called TW to cancel. They charged us for about two extra weeks because "we charge you until the tech comes out to physically disconnect you at outside box." WTF?

Old 05-12-2016, 09:36 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,277,853 times
We moved five months ago, our neighborhood is a newly approved "fiberhood," and we signed up for Google Fiber a couple of weeks ago. The deadline for this area's signup is May 20, and they projected installations taking about six months after that deadline. Realistically, given the timeline of their installations in other neighborhoods, I wouldn't be surprised if it took more like a year to finally get it, but we'll see. Either way, it will be good to be rid of TWC. We only do internet, we don't do cable. So tired of dealing with TWC's service reps. So tired of needing reliable internet to connect to my LMS for school, and having to take hits on homework being turned in late, etc., because "limited access," for no particular reason. Eff that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City