U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 02:35 PM

8,798 posts, read 9,623,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
Liberal, Salina, and Emporia are some of the not so fantastic places if you want to avoid crime in the smaller towns of Kansas...
Those cities seem like the anomalies on the list. You can't really call them bedroom communities and their house hold income is not higher than the Kansas average, Must be the "cowboy way" that keeps criminals in check.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:53 PM

1,298 posts, read 983,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
Seemed pretty obvious that she was posting a positive thread about the entire KC metro. But, I guess that's just the way i filled in the gap.
I guess that could have been the point. But I didn't think it was worth saying that "the safest municipalities in any state are usually the affluent suburbs."

Old 06-09-2016, 05:35 PM

5,469 posts, read 5,776,703 times
It's fine, I don't have any issue with the thread and didn't detect any type of spin from luzianne. It's great that the KC metro has safe options on both sides of the state line, and she recognized both states.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:49 PM

15,294 posts, read 7,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
That's why it's easy for other people to fill in the blanks.
Easy for people that want to pick a fight. In this case it was Brooksider2Brooklyn followed by you.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:16 PM

684 posts, read 582,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
It's fine, I don't have any issue with the thread and didn't detect any type of spin from luzianne. It's great that the KC metro has safe options on both sides of the state line, and she recognized both states.
It is a nice thread. It's also nice to see that Belton, MO made that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Easy for people that want to pick a fight. In this case it was Brooksider2Brooklyn followed by you.
luzianne never picks fights does she? That question can be easily answered by searching for any kcmo thread. Upon comparison Brooksider2Brooklyn's comment was a whole lot less incendiary.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:10 PM

15,294 posts, read 7,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
luzianne never picks fights does she? That question can be easily answered by searching for any kcmo thread. Upon comparison Brooksider2Brooklyn's comment was a whole lot less incendiary.
She speaks her mind and defends her lifestyle choices. And this thread has nothing to do with that and you know it.

NEXT

Old 06-10-2016, 04:40 AM

7,656 posts, read 5,640,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
It is a nice thread. It's also nice to see that Belton, MO made that list.

The best way to see what incendiary really means would be to go back to the days here when luzianne was a new poster - long before you signed on here. Back to the days when she came here with the best of intentions to help where she could, only to find her neighborhood, her schools, her county, her state, and virtually everything about the way she lived unless relentless attack.

Believe me, back in those days luzianne showed patience and restraint with that perverse agenda far longer than I did....or ever could. She is to be commended for it, as she tried every which way - for a long time - to always be tactful, even respectful, in her defense of her home.

The incendiary attacks upon her home continued unchecked. And her resentment, my resentment, and that of many others grew steadily over time. Consequently, she became more assertive in her defense. She had to.

Many, with shorter fuses, have tired of the Kansas-is-the-root-of-all-evils nonsense that has long infected this forum and have left - never to be seen here again. But luzianne has hung in there....and has become one of the most credible and valuable contributors to the KC forum. Personally, I would argue that she is THE most valuable for the forum's intended purpose.

Trust me, luzianne did NOT pick this fight. She is a person who is proud of her home, rightfully so, and won't sit still for the unprovoked attacks upon it that years ago sadly became the prime agenda. This forum is a much better place because she is here.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
She speaks her mind and defends her lifestyle choices. And this thread has nothing to do with that and you know it.

NEXT
I was most certainly not picking a fight with luzianne; I was challenging her to tell us what point she was trying to make.

But I'll take it up with you instead, if you like. Please point out one single place in the entire Kansas City thread where someone attacks luzianne (or anyone else, really) for their "lifestyle choice". The arguments happen when people from either side try to claim that their lifestyle choices are best for everyone, or they get exasperated by those who make different kinds of choices.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:12 AM

28 posts, read 14,121 times
To me it looks like the point is we live in a safe metro and that people thinking of relocating here would be interested to see that this is a safe city and that those who live here will be happy to know as well.

Seriously, what point could you possibly think is trying to be made here?

Old 06-10-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emissary View Post
To me it looks like the point is we live in a safe metro and that people thinking of relocating here would be interested to see that this is a safe city and that those who live here will be happy to know as well.

Seriously, what point could you possibly think is trying to be made here?
All the data does is show that a number of Kansas City's affluent suburbs happen to be among the safest municipalities in their respective states. It's a pretty huge logical leap from that, to claiming that the KC metro is safe, compared to other metros. That's a textbook way to botch statistics.

I personally think the KC metro is relatively safe, in general. And I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth. I'm just saying that this is not a good inference to draw from the original post in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or