Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 10:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

You can absolutely purchase homes in Johnson County in the 100-150k range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 10:40 AM

172 posts, read 154,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
You can absolutely purchase homes in Johnson County in the 100-150k range.
Agree. If you seek good schools, there are $100K-$150K price ranges to be had in nearly any county on either side of state line. I stand by my original advice to the OP. Live as close to work as possible, while still satisfying budgetary and schooling preferences. The KS side would serve the OP well.

Old 07-02-2016, 03:37 PM

767 posts, read 1,322,611 times
Lol at KCMO saying there's only one desirable county in the state. Riley, Douglass, and parts of Shawnee, Sedgwick, Leavenworth, and Wyandotte are generally viewed as desirable as well, but I guess I have once again forgotten that Kansas is something we must all attack and hate without question. Residents of Lawrence, Wichita, Shawnee County, Wyandotte County, and Lansing have access to schools that are just as nice or nicer than the Olathe and Shawnee Mission districts. Wichita has the Andover, Goddard, Maize, and Derby districts alone. Wven Wichita East and Northwest are no worse than Shawnee Mission West. Not all of the StarBond projects have been a waste like Prarie Fire either. Legends continues to be a draw for the city and then you have other projects like the bond that's being used to spur development in downtown Garden City. If MD and the developers of Corbin Park and Prarie Fire has gotten the ball rolling earlier in their projects planning and avoided the recession, then we'd have a two anchor redeveloped Metcalf South, and a more complete Prarie Fire and Corbin Park.

If anyone wants to bring up the fact that Oak Park Mall received subsidies (it's come up before) then one would need to do research on that too. Most mall developers ask for the community to give them a break if they're going to do a major renovation. I mean the city of Westminster, Colorado is still paying for the cheap renovation MD pulled at the now demolished Westminster Mall. Overland Park was in no position to say no like Wichita did to Simon seeing as the mall has to compete with Legends, Zona Rosa, Town Center Plaza, and Independence Center.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:26 PM

19 posts, read 20,950 times
I'm not bothering to read eight pages; I'm sure there's a feud. :-/ We moved from Ca (Ventura county for the last 3 years, OC for 12 before that) two weeks ago. In terms of schools and where you work I'd start close which is BV. My dh works in Olathe but almost all his colleagues suggested we move to OP and BV schools. That's just what we did as it fit our budget. Message me if you're interested; I'd love to help you brainstorm areas from an outsider perspective. We ended up around 143/Metcalf which is proving to be very convenient thus far.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:32 AM

4 posts, read 3,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Kansas is fine and I would say Johnson County is more comparable to Cupertino than anything on the Missouri side. And the schools are great. Don't listen to the naysayers. Some on this forum try to push the Missouri side. You specifically said KANSAS. The Kansas side is better, in my opinion. PM me if you like.
This is the Missouri forum, though. Perhaps the question is better suited in the Kansas forum.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:53 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,462,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_Dan View Post
This is the Missouri forum, though. Perhaps the question is better suited in the Kansas forum.
You're new here. Any and all discussions regarding the Kansas side of the Kansas City, Missouri metro area are appropriate for the Kansas City section of the Missouri forum. Happens constantly.

Some people have suggested setting up a KCK/JoCo section in the Kansas forum, but whether you agree with it or not it hasn't been done. So here we are.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:25 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_Dan View Post
This is the KANSAS CITY forum and the Kansas City metro includes Johnson County.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:13 AM

4 posts, read 5,970 times
Info certainly helped me in making some decisions, thanks. Any pointers to websites(or other sources) apart from great school which can help me to learn more about Blue valley schools and the catchment area.
TIA

Old 07-09-2016, 10:42 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
https://district.bluevalleyk12.org/S...OUNDARIES.aspx

City of Overland Park, Kansas - Above and Beyond, by Design

City of Leawood

Visit Overland Park, KS :: Overland Park, Kansas, Convention and Visitors Bureau

Blue Valley schools are in south Overland Park and Leawood. Both are nice and upscale; Leawood is more upscale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City