U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-11-2016, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Cleverly concealed
889 posts, read 1,429,825 times
Reputation: 887

Advertisements

Legislators have other full-time jobs. Most are lawyers or business owners. Schwab is a health sales executive. His wife works/worked in health care too. He has money, but people are free to donate to him if they choose. I can't say for certain, but his family may be limited under state lawmaker guidelines in how much money they can accept. I suspect that money will go to his church and life insurance/park settlement will pay for the funeral.

By the way, decapitation does not necessarily mean beheaded, which people seem to think when they read these things. The media knew the injury details on Sunday and chose not to report it, but basically, the kid's neck was broken and twisted and major veins were sliced. But the decapitation is purely internal. He probably died instantly, like someone in a high-speed car crash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2016, 02:25 PM
 
12,610 posts, read 14,624,496 times
Reputation: 14115
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioSilence View Post
Legislators have other full-time jobs. Most are lawyers or business owners. Schwab is a health sales executive. His wife works/worked in health care too. He has money, but people are free to donate to him if they choose. I can't say for certain, but his family may be limited under state lawmaker guidelines in how much money they can accept. I suspect that money will go to his church and life insurance/park settlement will pay for the funeral.

By the way, decapitation does not necessarily mean beheaded, which people seem to think when they read these things. The media knew the injury details on Sunday and chose not to report it, but basically, the kid's neck was broken and twisted and major veins were sliced. But the decapitation is purely internal. He probably died instantly, like someone in a high-speed car crash.
Eye witnesses have said he was indeed decapitated/beheaded.


People don't usually have life insurance on their kids and any settlement (if there is one) will come long after the funeral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2016, 08:03 PM
 
48,944 posts, read 39,420,502 times
Reputation: 30589
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Eye witnesses have said he was indeed decapitated/beheaded.


People don't usually have life insurance on their kids and any settlement (if there is one) will come long after the funeral.
Life insurance comes close enough to the funeral that it doesn't matter. Sadly, I know this to be true.

Even the legal settlement that will be MILLIONS will arrive in time if they set up a modest payment plan.

That doesn't even touch the gofundme actions.

Yes, the kid got decapitated. Money will not be an issue. I hope the kids family recovers fully from their real loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2016, 02:13 PM
 
29 posts, read 38,873 times
Reputation: 32
Most people *do* have life insurance for their dependents. Typical payout is $10k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2016, 07:42 PM
 
12,610 posts, read 14,624,496 times
Reputation: 14115
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxnal View Post
Most people *do* have life insurance for their dependents. Typical payout is $10k.
I think most people DON'T because they aren't expecting to need life insurance for a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top