U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2016, 08:27 AM

80 posts, read 69,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
Well, keep saying it, but you are still wrong. There are 2 times as many doctors living in Missouri in the KC metro as in Kansas.
True, the northland alone could give JoCO a run for their money. Only Luzianne keeps believing a lie like that, well that is based on her "experience"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 01:36 PM

12,610 posts, read 14,626,937 times
Quote:
Well, keep saying it, but you are still wrong. There are 2 times as many doctors living in Missouri in the KC metro as in Kansas.
Again, where do you get this information? Because it's not true. And first you said 1.5 times. Now you say two times more. Still not true.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

I've yet to hear from luzianne.

And you won't, first because I don't intend to reveal my identity to ANYONE on this forum. I was on a CNN forum during the OJ trial and was contacted by CNN with an offer to be flown to LA, if I would participate in some kind of panel discussion they were filming. I declined that for the same reason - I do not intend to reveal my identity. And if I didn't do it for an all expenses paid trip to LA, I certainly am not going to do it for some random person posting on this forum.

And two, because of statements like below that show me you already have preconceived ideas and your reasons for asking don't include truly wanting opinions from Johnson Countians if they differ from the responses you are hoping to get. I have quoted those statements below and added a brief comment to a couple of them. My comments are in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

I did get a comment from someone who has lurked on this thread that was in line with what I was hoping to get from others. WTF? So you are fishing for the answers you want to hear?

As for businesses "fleeing" to Kansas, one of the things that prompted me to start this thread to begin with was an interest in seeing how residents of the most affluent and second-most-populous county in the Kansas City area, the one with the "good schools" my Mom said Kansas was known for (along with "bad roads, and Missouri vice versa"), felt about the long-term effects of the bribes the state offered to get them to flee.

Actually, Kansas has GREAT roads and Missouri's are awful. When I lived in Kansas/worked in Missouri, I could have been blindfolded and known when I crossed the state line, from properly maintained roads to roads with potholes, not cleaned of snow and ice promptly in the winter, etc. Your words in quotes say it all about the opinions you have already formed. So you are already biased and you are not truly looking for opinions. You are just hoping to find Johnson Countians to echo your own opinions.

FWIW, when I last visited in 2014, one of my cousins, as we were discussing the state of things around the area, used a third word in between "Johnson" and "County" to describe it. It begins with F. He was referring to what he perceived as the attitudes of the residents. As about 50 percent of my high school classmates lived in ZIP codes beginning with 662, I don't quite go that far, but I must admit to chuckling at that description, as it did capture some of that "we're in this region but not of it" attitude some complain about. Is this perception an exaggeration? Well, what do you Kansans say?

How nice. I'm sure KCMO supporters wouldn't be too eager to share their opinions with someone obviously biased against Kansas City and who thought calling Kansas City "Kansas F*cking City" was funny, either.

Last edited by luzianne; 08-24-2016 at 02:56 PM..

Old 08-24-2016, 02:34 PM

172 posts, read 98,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycrite View Post
Did anyone from Johnson County actually reply to the OP to communicate his/her thoughts about Kansas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Try page 1?
You indeed replied. Sorry I missed that.

My original question was sort of tongue-in-cheek, which is hard to portray through typing alone. The original purpose of this thread was to gather JoCo residents' thoughts on the border war. Instead, it predictably unraveled into a flame war.

At first, this forum's pent-up frustration about the KS side (or the MO side, depending on the author) surprised me. Now, I almost expect it! What would it take for luzianne and kcmo to get along, for example?

Old 08-24-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:

My original question was sort of tongue-in-cheek, which is hard to portray through typing alone. The original purpose of this thread was to gather JoCo residents' thoughts on the border war. Instead, it predictably unraveled into a flame war.

At first, this forum's pent-up frustration about the KS side (or the MO side, depending on the author) surprised me. Now, I almost expect it! What would it take for luzianne and kcmo to get along, for example?
He'd have to get that chip off his shoulder.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:12 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,148,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Again, where do you get this information? Because it's not true. And first you said 1.5 times. Now you say two times more. Still not true.
Yeah, sorry, it is 1.5 times. Typing got ahead of my brain. And even if you repeat "it's not true" thousands of times, to something that is true, it doesn't actually change it. I already told you were I got the information: the United States Government. It's actually quite easy to find. But you aren't really interested in that. Because you know all the doctors.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, sorry, it is 1.5 times. Typing got ahead of my brain. And even if you repeat "it's not true" thousands of times, to something that is true, it doesn't actually change it. I already told you were I got the information: the United States Government. It's actually quite easy to find. But you aren't really interested in that. Because you know all the doctors.
Link please. I don't think there is anything that tells you the home addresses of doctors practicing in Kansas City, Missouri.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:34 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,148,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Link please. I don't think there is anything that tells you the home addresses of doctors practicing in Kansas City, Missouri.
So your contention here, for the record, is that the federal government does not keep statistics on employment by profession and by metropolitan area and that they don't know where those people live? But you do?

Follow up question: are you familiar with federal income taxes?

Old 08-24-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
So your contention here, for the record, is that the federal government does not keep statistics on employment by profession and by metropolitan area and that they don't know where those people live? But you do?

Follow up question: are you familiar with federal income taxes?
So you aren't going to post a link?

Of course THEY know. I said they aren't publishing it so YOU know.

I will continue to say more KC doctors live in Johnson County than elsewhere in the metro. YOU keep saying that's not true, and as you say you can keep repeating that, but it doesn't make it true. I do happen to know where a whole lot of doctors live, and if I wanted/needed to I could look up any others. Johnson County is where professionals tend to want to live. There are SOME on the Missouri side, but more in Johnson County.

Last edited by luzianne; 08-24-2016 at 10:05 PM..

Old 08-24-2016, 10:45 PM

48,953 posts, read 39,428,364 times
Quote:

I would suggest you do a search based upon both posters started threads in both forums the last few years.

I think that will give you some insight as to where the problem lies.

Please, totally not joking, report back and let us know what you find.

#notmathkcmopost

P.S. Please note, starting on page 1 whom actually contributed to the OP's request and whom started firing volleys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or