U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 08:47 PM

705 posts, read 822,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You left out the part about how hogs kill Kansas kids giving the metro a bad name or the schliterban death that you couldn't gloatingly stay away from.

I'll start keeping track of your comments going forward before they are deleted by mods as they OFTEN are so we can discuss your "impartial" comments in front of everyone. Frankly, I think if people had full access to your comments they'd likely demand your exit from the forum but you're protected ironically by your own horrible comments that nobody can see anymore.

Then you flip a switch and post wonderfully insightful comments about the metro, it's development etc and so the people that see those, along with myself are quite enamored.

It's the dark posts, those are the ones you kept making in other forums that most of your fan base is unaware of. But don't worry since they get deleted, we'll just start recording them so you can't pretend to be some sort of victim in all this.
Use a phone to screenshot things. I do it on facebook all the time because people will delete their comments just to make you look stupid. Let's not forget that this does infact spill over into the general Kansas forum and even the Wichita forum from time to time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Thrillist dubbed J.C. Nichols' answer to Levittown - yes, Prairie Village, in sharp contrast to his prior developments, was designed as a Suburb for Everyman - the coolest suburb in metropolitan Kansas City in its recent listicle rating "The Coolest Suburbs in the 30 Largest Cities."

The Prairie Village shopping center may not have the Moorish charm of the Country Club Plaza, but it shares with it Nichols' understanding about how cars and urban communities could play well with each other. As on the Plaza, parking takes a back seat to the streets on which the shops front, and some of the largest lots are on top of the department store (who has that building now? It was a branch of Jones (later the Jones Store) when I first encountered it, but I'm guessing Macy's probably jettisoned it. Did they?)
Macy's picked up every May store under the Jones nameplate except the one in Omaha, and you can tell they regretted picking up the Topeka one because they treated it like a flea market until the lease was up. I don't know when the store lost its rooftop parking, but I know it has been gone for several years now. The store has been neglected under Mercantile, May, and now Macy's so the interior isn't in great shape. I wouldn't be surprised if it and Metro North made the next round of closings. I've had people argue that Lee's Summit and Metro North are safe because they're "the only Macy's in that part of the metro." but Macy's isn't looking at that, they're looking at sales figures and the only store in the metro that made the top 100 performing was Leawood instead of the expected Oak Park Mall. St. Louis Galleria was higher up the list, and Denver's Park Meadows was in a similar position to Leawood. If crime in the metro keeps spreading and rising in the suburbs, I won't be surprised if OPM and Independence Center don't survive another decade. Oak Park Mall has notoriously horrid security and CBL has proven that they don't care.

Last edited by empires228; 09-03-2016 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 09:10 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,493,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
Use a phone to screenshot things. I do it on facebook all the time because people will delete their comments just to make you look stupid. Let's not forget that this does infact spill over into the general Kansas forum and even the Wichita forum from time to time .
Geez, does everybody in Kansas just make things up as they go along? I said nothing about the kid, I only mentioned the story. The thread is fully intact and has not been modified or deleted. But hey, whatever makes you feel better.

Also, I have actually defended Wichita quite often. It's not a city I would move to, but I think it's okay for where it's at and have questioned people that rip it unnecessarily. Wichita doesn't constantly screw over KCMO. So I have no problems with them and I have spent a great deal of time in Wichita working in a satellite office of a firm I worked for. Guess what? They don't like Jonson County either. They come up and shop there when visiting KC, but they don't like how the state babies JoCo and they think JoCo people act like their **** don't stink. Heck, I have met a lot of people in Lawrence and Manhattan that don't like JoCo as well. I think the only people in Lawrence that like JoCo are the KU students from JoCo. It's not just a KCMO thing.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:59 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,145,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I have spent a great deal of time in Wichita working in a satellite office of a firm I worked for. Guess what? They don't like Jonson County either. They come up and shop there when visiting KC, but they don't like how the state babies JoCo and they think JoCo people act like their **** don't stink. Heck, I have met a lot of people in Lawrence and Manhattan that don't like JoCo as well. I think the only people in Lawrence that like JoCo are the KU students from JoCo. It's not just a KCMO thing.
Outside of the statehouse, JoCo isn't even considered "real Kansas" by most of us.

Old 09-04-2016, 12:13 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,609,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Also, I have actually defended Wichita quite often. It's not a city I would move to, but I think it's okay for where it's at and have questioned people that rip it unnecessarily. Wichita doesn't constantly screw over KCMO. So I have no problems with them and I have spent a great deal of time in Wichita working in a satellite office of a firm I worked for. Guess what? They don't like Jonson County either. They come up and shop there when visiting KC, but they don't like how the state babies JoCo and they think JoCo people act like their **** don't stink. Heck, I have met a lot of people in Lawrence and Manhattan that don't like JoCo as well. I think the only people in Lawrence that like JoCo are the KU students from JoCo. It's not just a KCMO thing.
WAH WAH WAH. What's the point of your post? You probably talked to one person in Wichita who said what you wanted to hear and from that you extrapolated that NO ONE in Wichita likes Johnson County. The whole world doesn't think the way you do; get over it. I'm sure a lot of Missouri doesn't like Kansas City either. So what?

I lived in Lawrence, went to school in Lawrence, and I don't recall meeting anyone who disliked Johnson County. In fact, KU students NOT from Johnson County would travel to Johnson County with students who were from Johnson County. And they seemed to like it, as they kept going back.

Old 09-04-2016, 12:17 PM

20,168 posts, read 34,480,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
Outside of the statehouse, JoCo isn't even considered "real Kansas" by most of us.
The geographic center of the state population will not be shifting westward anytime soon.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:25 PM

401 posts, read 300,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
WAH WAH WAH. What's the point of your post? You probably talked to one person in Wichita who said what you wanted to hear and from that you extrapolated that NO ONE in Wichita likes Johnson County. The whole world doesn't think the way you do; get over it. I'm sure a lot of Missouri doesn't like Kansas City either. So what?

I lived in Lawrence, went to school in Lawrence, and I don't recall meeting anyone who disliked Johnson County. In fact, KU students NOT from Johnson County would travel to Johnson County with students who were from Johnson County. And they seemed to like it, as they kept going back.
We have a lake house on the KC side of the lake of ozarks. The locals know all about JO County people. They actually have quite a reputation down there too.

It probably doesn't help when they wear KU clothing in the heart of Mizzou country though.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:31 PM

20,168 posts, read 34,480,827 times
^
Never knew that a specific KC side of the Ozarks was a thing. Then again, I prefer to go up north to the real lake country.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:41 PM

401 posts, read 300,064 times
There is a kc side and a stl side. I think it's more of a term locals use.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksider2brooklyn View Post
We have a lake house on the KC side of the lake of ozarks. The locals know all about JO County people. They actually have quite a reputation down there too.

It probably doesn't help when they wear KU clothing in the heart of Mizzou country though.
You people are ridiculous. My family settled in the Ozarks in the 1830s (in fact, one specific part is named after my ancestors) and my dad was raised there and I still have relatives there, including some from both sides of my family who own lake houses. There is no "KC side" of the lake of the Ozarks.

I don't like the Lake of the Ozarks myself because it's too crowded and there are too many drunks, but a good portion of the people who own lake houses there are people from Johnson County.

And like I said in another post, you don't know the "locals." Some of my relatives are the locals. You are just making stuff up.

Last edited by luzianne; 09-04-2016 at 02:53 PM..

Old 09-04-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksider2brooklyn View Post
There is a kc side and a stl side. I think it's more of a term locals use.
And I think you make things up. Some of my relatives who are locals in the Ozarks are Chiefs/Royals fans; some are (were) Rams/Cardinals fans. There's no Kansas City side and St. Louis side. Some of them follow Mizzou, some of them like the Bears. And some of them are Illini fans and despise the Missouri teams. Some are even Jayhawk fans.

I think I know the "locals" better than you do.

Last edited by luzianne; 09-04-2016 at 02:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or