Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 03:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,148,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I mean if you are around this profession in Kansas, it would only make sense that you interact with those that either live or work in Kansas. So yea, a doctor "you know" that works in MO is likely to live in Kansas.

I guess the doctors that live and work in Missouri need to contact you and let you know that they live and work in Missouri.

Your viewpoint of this stuff is comical. It's just like teachers. You know some teachers so... Or you know some black people that live in JoCo so...

I would bet anything that more people in the medical profession live on the MO side than the Kansas side in metro KC and I would bet it's considerably more. That is just purely based on the population split and the pure number of facilities on the MO side compared to the Kansas side though. But it's a better guess than the doctors I might know.
Um, I'm in the profession on both sides of the state line. Mostly in Missouri over the years, to tell you the truth. Have been since the 80s. Try again.

You would be wrong about the doctors living in Johnson County versus the other counties in the metro. They might work in hospitals in Missouri, but they live in Johnson County. Sorry to disappoint you.

You have to remember also that doctors are not tied to one hospital. They usually have privileges at hospitals all over the metro. They might be at a hospital on the Missouri side a couple of days a week and on the Kansas side the other days. They might have offices on both sides of the state line. Many do.

Kansas hospitals - KU Med, Shawnee Mission, Menorah Medical Center, Saint Luke's in Overland Park and Leavenworth (if we're going to count Smithville, we should also count Leavenworth), Overland Park Regional, Providence, Children's Mercy

Missouri Hospitals - Truman Med, Saint Luke's at the Plaza, Barry Road, Smithville and Lee's Summit, Lee's Summit Hospital, Research Medical Center, Research Belton, North Kansas City, Children's Mercy

Last edited by luzianne; 08-23-2016 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 03:38 PM

2,233 posts, read 3,139,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I am completely serious.
Hahaha. That's awesome, then.

You know, the federal government keeps track of employment statistics, right? Also, they keep tract of where people live. They might even have a Bureau that just tracks that data...

Old 08-23-2016, 03:38 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,733,774 times
You forgot:

Centerpoint (one of largest in metro)
Children's Mercy East (if you are including the OP location)
Truman Medical Lakewood
St Mary's Blue Springs
KC VA Hospital

There are 2800 beds in KS side hospitals
There are 4300 beds in MO side hospitals

This is from the KC Business journal.

Last edited by kcmo; 08-23-2016 at 03:50 PM..

Old 08-23-2016, 03:39 PM

2,233 posts, read 3,139,737 times
Quote:
You would be wrong about the doctors living in Johnson County versus the other counties in the metro.
It doesn't really matter how many times you repeat a lie, it's still a lie.

Old 08-23-2016, 04:34 PM

638 posts, read 618,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
Actually it is true. In fact, Missouri and K-State are about tied for 2nd most alumni in the metro and KU has more alumni in the metro than both of them combined.
Sources? Nothing in my time here has led me to believe that KU alumni outnumber the others by that much

Old 08-23-2016, 05:07 PM

404 posts, read 452,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
Sources? Nothing in my time here has led me to believe that KU alumni outnumber the others by that much
Google search:
100,000 KU alumni in KC area
30,000 MU alumni in KC area
I can see this since KU and Lawrence are part of KC.
I went to umkc.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Hahaha. That's awesome, then.

You know, the federal government keeps track of employment statistics, right? Also, they keep tract of where people live. They might even have a Bureau that just tracks that data...
Ummm, sooooo? What's they have to do with doctors in KC wanting to live on the Kansas side?

Old 08-23-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
It doesn't really matter how many times you repeat a lie, it's still a lie.
It's not a lie. Sorry.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
You forgot:

Centerpoint (one of largest in metro)
Children's Mercy East (if you are including the OP location)
Truman Medical Lakewood
St Mary's Blue Springs
KC VA Hospital

There are 2800 beds in KS side hospitals
There are 4300 beds in MO side hospitals

This is from the KC Business journal.
And Liberty Hospital. Forgot that one too. I'm not disputing that there are more beds on the Missouri side. I'm saying that doctors in Kansas City tend to live in Johnson County.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:33 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,733,774 times
Quote:
And Liberty Hospital. Forgot that one too. I'm not disputing that there are more beds on the Missouri side. I'm saying that doctors in Kansas City tend to live in Johnson County.
I never disputed that. I just seriously doubt that majority of the doctors in the metro live there. I just seriously doubt that majority of the doctors in the metro live there. They probably have a few more than normal for the amount of beds there, but no way is it even more than half. I just don’t see it. There are too many hospitals too far from JoCo and plenty of affluent areas on the MO side where they could live.

I understand that JoCo is affluent and many ball players etc choose to live there. It’s also a very large part of the metro area’s population. I have never said otherwise. That is actually my point. The county is the second largest county in metro, it shares a larger border with central KCMO then any other county in the metro.

Yet it wants to act like it’s a totally different metro area and compete with KCMO as if they are 1000 miles away.

That hurts the entire metro area. That’s why KC was better off before JoCo came along and would be better if the metro sprawled into MO instead of Kansas. Same state makes a huge difference in regional cooperation. There is not another bistate area that puts up with what KCMO puts up with from Kansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City