Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2016, 01:48 PM

2,233 posts, read 3,162,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Oh, but they do. One contingent that has moved to Kansas is doctors. Malpractice insurance is so expensive in Missouri that many many many doctors have moved across the state line. And that's just one example.

Menorah Medical Center moved out of Kansas City Missouri altogether several years ago. No one coerced them to move across the state line.
1.5 times as many doctors live on the Missouri side of the metro.

Not sure what Menorah moving has to do with anything. Unless the lone example you can find of an unsubsidized business move is a small religious hospital selling its campus to a prominent, major research institution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 02:03 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
1.5 times as many doctors live on the Missouri side of the metro.

Not sure what Menorah moving has to do with anything. Unless the lone example you can find of an unsubsidized business move is a small religious hospital selling its campus to a prominent, major research institution.
Exactly where do you get your info that 1.5 times as many doctors live on the Missouri side of the metro? I don't believe that for a second. I work in healthcare and the vast majority of the doctors I know of live in Johnson County (as do a large number of the Chiefs and Royals players). And how are you privy to where doctors are living? I actually AM privy to that information.

Menorah was one example. I wouldn't call it small by any means.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:06 PM

404 posts, read 456,755 times
^ I wouldn't question her. She probably knows a doctor or two that live in JO.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksider2brooklyn View Post
A lot more than one or two. Plus all their cohorts.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:23 PM

404 posts, read 456,755 times
There are a lot of hospitals and medical buildings on the MO side. There has to be twice as many (seems like way more than twice) compared as JO County. You are saying all the doctors live in JO?

Old 08-23-2016, 02:49 PM

684 posts, read 790,823 times
Quote:
Where's MathGuy and his "whoppa whoppa" claims and demands for links, facts, etc. I guess that doesn't apply for people from Kansas...

Quote:
As usual, posted from your imagination with no sourcing....whoppa whoppa whoppa....

Old 08-23-2016, 02:52 PM

2,233 posts, read 3,162,417 times
Quote:
Exactly where do you get your info that 1.5 times as many doctors live on the Missouri side of the metro? I don't believe that for a second. I work in healthcare and the vast majority of the doctors I know of live in Johnson County (as do a large number of the Chiefs and Royals players). And how are you privy to where doctors are living? I actually AM privy to that information.
Are you serious?

Old 08-23-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
There are a lot of hospitals and medical buildings on the MO side. There has to be twice as many (seems like way more than twice) compared as JO County. You are saying all the doctors live in JO?
I'm saying the doctors that I know of who work in hospitals on the Missouri side live in Kansas, yes. I know of a couple that live up north. Most live in Johnson County.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
Are you serious?
I am completely serious.

Old 08-23-2016, 03:05 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
Quote:
I'm saying the doctors that I know of who work in hospitals on the Missouri side live in Kansas, yes. I know of a couple that live up north. Most live in Johnson County.
I mean if you are around this profession in Kansas, it would only make sense that you interact with those that either live or work in Kansas. So yea, a doctor "you know" that works in MO is likely to live in Kansas.

I guess the doctors that live and work in Missouri need to contact you and let you know that they live and work in Missouri.

Your viewpoint of this stuff is comical. It's just like teachers. You know some teachers so... Or you know some black people that live in JoCo so...

I would bet anything that more people in the medical profession live on the MO side than the Kansas side in metro KC and I would bet it's considerably more. That is just purely based on the population split and the pure number of facilities on the MO side compared to the Kansas side though. But it's a better guess than the doctors I might know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City