Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 10:29 AM

684 posts, read 783,943 times

Advertisements

Another "Kansas" commercial filmed within the great Show Me state of Missouri. I don't blame them.

Kansas Lottery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcHwQZlGP_M

KVC: (years ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4e__gQQCYo

And just this past fall I saw a Kansas political commercial where the person running for office filmed portions his commercial in Lee's Summit, Missouri. As if anyone wouldn't notice the scenery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 09:54 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,148,943 times
Well, the Royals must be okay with it since they obviously knew it was being filmed and were in on it, even the Royals pitcher.

The Royals would probably rather be affiliated with Bill Self (coach of the year for the second time) than any basketball coach at Mizzou, since Mizzou is still suffering embarrassment and penalties even now, two years after Frank Haith suddenly left.

Frank Haith must be held responsible for violations under his watch.

If you didn't know, the Kansas side is part of the Kansas City metro too. And Lawrence is closer to Kansas City than Columbia is. Always has been. Neither one are part of the KC metro, so it's not a Kansas City thing anyway, for either one of them.

I have seen Missouri try to claim Kansas Speedway (calling it Kansas City Speedway) and Sporting too, even though both are in Kansas.

I think you were whining before about Missouri ads in Kansas venues and Kansas ads in Missouri venues. Probably time to get over it.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:41 PM

127 posts, read 130,728 times
lol i don't know if she actually believes the crap she types. I get a kick out of it every time i log in.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:49 PM

638 posts, read 618,553 times
I don't see a problem

As long as a Kansas travel commercial doesn't show the KC skyline, it's okay.

Otherwise, what else would you expect? Kansas is smaller and has far fewer attractions. They are lucky to be so close to us

Outside of college sports, its not even a rivalry

Old 08-02-2016, 06:50 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,446,180 times
Well there is the fact that Jackson County Missourians paid for the renovation to Kauffman all by themselves...

So yeah, lots of Kansans are true blue (pun intended) Royals fans. But for a Kansas TAX (that's what a lottery is) to claim the Royals is more than a little ironic.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,321,025 times
It seems completely normal and unsurprising for a Kansas ad to include attractions from Kansas City, since a large Kansas population base does indeed live in the Kansas City metro.

And states that do not have a MLB baseball team of their own often adopt the nearest team(s) as their own, as well. This is nothing new.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
Well there is the fact that Jackson County Missourians paid for the renovation to Kauffman all by themselves...

So yeah, lots of Kansans are true blue (pun intended) Royals fans. But for a Kansas TAX (that's what a lottery is) to claim the Royals is more than a little ironic.
Without fans/support from the Kansas side, I doubt the Royals or the Chiefs would even be in Kansas City.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:05 AM

80 posts, read 110,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Without fans/support from the Kansas side, I doubt the Royals or the Chiefs would even be in Kansas City.
Well they were long before JoCo is what it is today and will always be. Yes Kansas has a fair share of fans for both Chiefs and Royals but don't act like Kansas is what is holding these teams in Missouri. Once again typical comment that ticks me off as if Missouri does not have people that can afford tickets. Get over yourself. Missouri sucks and Kansas sucks even more, anyone in the country knows that, expect for JoCo residents of course.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzacosf View Post
Well they were long before JoCo is what it is today and will always be. Yes Kansas has a fair share of fans for both Chiefs and Royals but don't act like Kansas is what is holding these teams in Missouri. Once again typical comment that ticks me off as if Missouri does not have people that can afford tickets. Get over yourself. Missouri sucks and Kansas sucks even more, anyone in the country knows that, expect for JoCo residents of course.
I didn't say Missouri doesn't have enough people who can afford tickets. Missouri does not have enough people who buy tickets period to support either stadium. Without people from the Kansas side buying tickets, the stadiums would not be here. That's the simple fact. I was a kid in the 60s when the Kansas City 80s were here instead of the Royals. The same was true then.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:13 AM

80 posts, read 110,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I didn't say Missouri doesn't have enough people who can afford tickets. Missouri does not have enough people who buy tickets period to support either stadium. Without people from the Kansas side buying tickets, the stadiums would not be here. That's the simple fact. I was a kid in the 60s when the Kansas City 80s were here instead of the Royals. The same was true then.
Who paid for those stadiums then? Is it Kansas or Missouri? First you have to start with stadium being built which I don't recall that Kansas has either of that capacity. If Kansas has all that money maybe they should request some expansion teams lol Last time I checked Kansas is a bottom feeder that lives off Missouri (KC), to include the Sporting K which became first ever team in Kansas 5 years ago. So only you and your pals are going to believe the nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City