U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2016, 12:33 AM
 
105 posts, read 69,025 times
Reputation: 138

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Bullcrap. There was never one thought of Kansas Speedway being in Missouri, and I don't think there was any thought of Sprint going to Missouri either.
Another incorrect comment. Officials considered both the Missouri and Kansas side of the city but eventually settled with the Kansas side because of better funding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_Speedway

and the same goes for sporting. do you actually know anything about the metro in which you live?

 
Old 08-31-2016, 12:38 AM
 
12,618 posts, read 14,633,813 times
Reputation: 14131
Quote:
Originally Posted by twan2001 View Post
Another incorrect comment. Officials considered both the Missouri and Kansas side of the city but eventually settled with the Kansas side because of better funding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_Speedway

and the same goes for sporting. do you actually know anything about the metro in which you live?
You know anyone can write anything on Wikipedia, right? I don't know why you would even link to it.
 
Old 08-31-2016, 12:47 AM
 
105 posts, read 69,025 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You know anyone can write anything on Wikipedia, right? I don't know why you would even link to it.
of course i know that, but that doesn't make it incorrect. I hate when people say that wiki is wrong because anyone can write in it. The post literally 2 posts above mine show the blueprints from HNTB, and i know that anyone can draw up some blueprints also but who cares? it's true.

It is what i believed to be common knowledge (before i read some of the comments from this thread) that Missouri was the first choice for those but tax breaks won them for Kansas.
 
Old 08-31-2016, 12:51 AM
 
12,618 posts, read 14,633,813 times
Reputation: 14131
Quote:
Originally Posted by twan2001 View Post


... Is that why it's closed?



please keep it that way

The Houston's in Overland Park closed because they didn't renew the lease because the building was in bad shape. I don't remember the details, but the roof leaked or something like that and repairs weren't being made. It was a great location and was much better and busier than the location in Fairway that they moved to. Now the only location is the Plaza.

Please keep it that way, meaning don't come to Missouri? FYI, I am sure I have been in this city a whole lot longer than you have and I will go anywhere I please any time I please. You've only been on this forum for 7 months. Looks like you just signed up to start trouble. Are you about 20 or so? Or 15? (based on 2001 in your name)


And like Sleuth said - look at the first two posts in this thread, bashing Johnson County and Kansas, and then you guys go ballistic if we dare post anything defending Johnson County/Kansas. If that's the attitude you have, why would Johnson County/Kansas WANT to "cooperate" with KCMO?

Last edited by luzianne; 08-31-2016 at 01:13 AM..
 
Old 08-31-2016, 01:11 AM
 
105 posts, read 69,025 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The Houston's in Overland Park closed because they didn't renew the lease because the building was in bad shape. I don't remember the details, but the roof leaked or something like that and repairs weren't being made. It was a great location and was much better and busier than the location in Fairway that they moved to. Now the only location is the Plaza.
If i'm a large business owner an have a high end restaurant that is "always packed" i would find a new location if the current one isn't suitable. i wouldn't close a location that is "always packed" but whatever you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You've only been on this forum for 7 months. Looks like you just signed up to start trouble. Are you about 20 or so? Or 15? (based on 2001 in your name)
and in my 7 months i've read more that a few blatantly ignorant and/or trolling posts by you. I'm 33, how many 15 year olds do you think are on city-data? Are you serious? (i find myself asking that a lot after reading your posts)
 
Old 08-31-2016, 01:17 AM
 
12,618 posts, read 14,633,813 times
Reputation: 14131
Quote:
Originally Posted by twan2001 View Post
If i'm a large business owner an have a high end restaurant that is "always packed" i would find a new location if the current one isn't suitable. i wouldn't close a location that is "always packed" but whatever you say.



and in my 7 months i've read more that a few blatantly ignorant and/or trolling posts by you. I'm 33, how many 15 year olds do you think are on city-data? Are you serious? (i find myself asking that a lot after reading your posts)
Well, you obviously haven't been around KC long or don't know much about it if you don't even know/remember Houston's moving from Overland Park or you doubt that they were always busy - because they were. They did find a new location - in Fairway - but it just was never the same as the 95th and Metcalf location and never was as busy as that location.


You have seen me post my opinion and defend against Johnson County haters like yourself. You have not seen me troll, but of course to KCMO boosters, anyone who disagrees with them is a troll.


Your original post in this thread is a trolling post if I ever saw one.

Last edited by luzianne; 08-31-2016 at 01:29 AM..
 
Old 08-31-2016, 01:33 AM
 
12,618 posts, read 14,633,813 times
Reputation: 14131
Quote:
Originally Posted by twan2001 View Post
it's "leech" but i digress.
Well, as long as you are correcting another poster, I will correct you. Your thread title should read "Why can't we split the Kansas side off to its on thread" - not "it's" own thread.
 
Old 08-31-2016, 01:53 AM
 
684 posts, read 583,048 times
Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Well, as long as you are correcting another poster, I will correct you. Your thread title should read "Why can't we split the Kansas side off to its on thread" - not "it's" own thread.
Its ON thread? Well, we all need proofreading and correction at times. Myself especially.
 
Old 08-31-2016, 01:58 AM
 
Location: KCMO, North
25 posts, read 74,625 times
Reputation: 51
Oh for !@#$'s sake! Feel free to correct the spelling on that word too.
 
Old 08-31-2016, 06:16 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh PA
402 posts, read 301,101 times
Reputation: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Well, you obviously haven't been around KC long or don't know much about it if you don't even know/remember Houston's moving from Overland Park or you doubt that they were always busy - because they were. They did find a new location - in Fairway - but it just was never the same as the 95th and Metcalf location and never was as busy as that location.


You have seen me post my opinion and defend against Johnson County haters like yourself. You have not seen me troll, but of course to KCMO boosters, anyone who disagrees with them is a troll.


Your original post in this thread is a trolling post if I ever saw one.
You don't even believe there were MO side locations considered for the speedway. Delusional...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top