Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 03:52 PM

404 posts, read 457,106 times

Advertisements

Kansas City Airport Customer Reviews | SKYTRAX

Yea great airport!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 11:12 PM

14,175 posts, read 9,064,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksider2brooklyn View Post
Well, I can attest that it may depend on what airline you're flying whether there are food and beverage options or TSA Precheck available.

My guess after flying Southwest DCA<->MCI is that Southwest must have demanded some sort of amenities for its waiting passengers, for the main block of Southwest gates in Terminal B (at the apex of the horseshoe, 40-49, I think) (a) has single-stall restrooms inside it (the first airport restroom I've ever been in that smelled of urine, including the restrooms outside the security perimeter at KCI; this suggests it's way overused) (b) has a grab 'n' go food stand and a Starbucks and (c) is located beneath one of the terminal's three food-service spaces (same as when it opened), and its upstairs restaurant (Pork & Pickle, run by Boulevard Brewing and actually both decent and not outrageously priced) can only be entered from within the security perimeter. It also has a charging station for electronics wedged in. It appears, though, that these gates are the only ones in Terminal B so nicely outfitted.

It also DID have a TSA Precheck line at the security checkpoint.

Despite all this, I gave it 2 stars out of a possible 5 on the airport's Facebook page. That's equivalent to a 4 out of 10 on the site above, which is more than most reviewers gave it.

And once again, I too am from KC.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:53 AM

767 posts, read 1,322,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
^^^^Yeah, and the city council also just voted to give the Intercontinental Hotel "blighted" designation so they can make improvements with tax money. In return, they agree to "give back" to truly blighted areas - but that giving back is miniscule compared to the amount they will receive ($5 million). I guess that's the price of progress? Why not use the $5 million for TRUE blight? Or to fix the sewer system so you don't smell sewage when you go to the Sprint Center?

Now what happens if other businesses want to be declared "blighted" too?
KCMO and I already discussed how silly that was in this thread just a few posts up. The floodgates have now been opened and every Motel 6 and Holiday Inn could potentially claim "favoritism" if they aren't allowed to ask for the same .

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksider2brooklyn View Post
I don't know anyone who flies out of KCI anymore... Even my family there just takes Amtrak or drives to STL or Wichita now, and people out in my current area that used to drive to KCI are now flying out of Garden City or Manhattan to Dallas, driving to Wichita, or flying from Hays/Dodge City to Denver or driving to Denver. The sooner Kansas City wakes up and takes action, the sooner the city can have a part of its image improved. I don't know why people are under the delusion that EVERYONE in the country likes KCI because of one small feature the outspoken locals love.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:41 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,886,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
KCMO and I already discussed how silly that was in this thread just a few posts up. The floodgates have now been opened and every Motel 6 and Holiday Inn could potentially claim "favoritism" if they aren't allowed to ask for the same .

I don't know anyone who flies out of KCI anymore... Even my family there just takes Amtrak or drives to STL or Wichita now, and people out in my current area that used to drive to KCI are now flying out of Garden City or Manhattan to Dallas, driving to Wichita, or flying from Hays/Dodge City to Denver or driving to Denver. The sooner Kansas City wakes up and takes action, the sooner the city can have a part of its image improved. I don't know why people are under the delusion that EVERYONE in the country likes KCI because of one small feature the outspoken locals love.
20 million dollar upgrade without incentives.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...ncentives.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City