U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:33 PM

226 posts, read 191,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I'm sure it's because that's where most of the studios are. I just found it annoying. I would have said the same thing if it were a Missouri politician. I can't fathom why anybody would vote for trump. I understand Clinton is not a very good choice, but Trump? You have to be a die hard republican and liberal hater to support such a person for president.
I can't imagine why anyone would vote for a career criminal like Hillary that is obviously part of a corrupt system including the president with all his records sealed from view (why do that if there's nothing to see?), a corrupt DOJ who KNOWS that exparte communication with a litigant violates the absolute mandate against even the APPEARANCE of IMPROPRIETY) and the head of the FBI who has also compromised not only himself but FBI the organization as well. You don't have to hunt for the corruption in the most transparent administration ever - the hard part is trying to avoid it - at every turn corruption keeps rearing its ugly head. This woman has sold out this country and pridefully announces she intends to continue to sell it out. She and many others seem to have forgotten all about the tragedy of 9/11 and the finding of the commission and subsequent recommendations to tighten our security and borders and both Hillary and Obama have instead thrown the border wide open while bullying anyone who opposes open borders by labeling them some kind of hater / phobe. I won't debate with you because there are no facts to substantiate your position as I have seen previously. I just wanted to take this opportunity I can't imagine what sort of brain defect would have anyone publicly stating support for a dried up evil old crone who has gotten rich by jeopardizing the freedom and lives of every America AND IS A PROFLIGATE LIAR just like her mentor Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 07:52 PM

1,390 posts, read 1,705,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericnGrl View Post
I can't imagine why .
Because she is inestimably better than Trump.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:01 PM

519 posts, read 468,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Because she is inestimably better than Trump.
OMG, you made me laugh so hard saying she's better than Trump.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:10 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
FTR, Kansas City and its environs are home to many who do not think like "lovekcmo" and "AmericnGrl."

Old 10-12-2016, 08:27 PM

290 posts, read 230,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Thank you posters for giving me your honest opinions without being snarky or condescending.
You're welcome.

Quote:
I can't imagine why anyone would vote for a career criminal like Hillary that is obviously part of a corrupt system including the president with all his records sealed from view (why do that if there's nothing to see?), a corrupt DOJ who KNOWS that exparte communication with a litigant violates the absolute mandate against even the APPEARANCE of IMPROPRIETY) and the head of the FBI who has also compromised not only himself but FBI the organization as well. You don't have to hunt for the corruption in the most transparent administration ever - the hard part is trying to avoid it - at every turn corruption keeps rearing its ugly head. This woman has sold out this country and pridefully announces she intends to continue to sell it out. She and many others seem to have forgotten all about the tragedy of 9/11 and the finding of the commission and subsequent recommendations to tighten our security and borders and both Hillary and Obama have instead thrown the border wide open while bullying anyone who opposes open borders by labeling them some kind of hater / phobe. I won't debate with you because there are no facts to substantiate your position as I have seen previously. I just wanted to take this opportunity I can't imagine what sort of brain defect would have anyone publicly stating support for a dried up evil old crone who has gotten rich by jeopardizing the freedom and lives of every America AND IS A PROFLIGATE LIAR just like her mentor Obama.
And you believe Trump? He would sale you down the river faster than Hillary would any day.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:19 PM

705 posts, read 823,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA650 View Post
This woman doesn't represent the views of the metro at all. At least no one I interact with on a daily basis. Moreover, people like her are found in every state and especially the diverse state of California that has been blue for years. Kansas may have its moments, but it's more stereotypes than reality specifically in places like Johnson County, a suburb of KCMO.
I think Olathe and Gardner are the reasons that people view JoCo as the same crazy republican hell that parts of the state of Kansas (and Missouri) can be. Olathe will likely always be more rural minded in nature do to the fact that it was originally the small rural county seat instead of a suburb of KC. I don't think the extreme conserves occupy the rest of the county like they do the Olathe and Gardner areas. One also has to remember that Kansas did NOT vote for Trump in the primaries and his presence in Wichita was not well received. I know several very nice people who are sadly blindly voting for that vile man just because they don't like Hillary and know nothing about either candidate as they didn't want either of them to rise to the top, but besides their political ignorance, they're nice and normal people.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:06 AM

196 posts, read 291,690 times
This woman is Vicki Sciolaro, chairwoman of the 3rd Congressional District for the Kansas Republican Party. According to the article, she's from JoCo...

Johnson County GOP official goes viral defending Trump | The Kansas City Star

Old 10-13-2016, 04:41 AM

10,705 posts, read 18,498,983 times
I find it ironic that Trump supporters main argument is that Hillary lies. I'm not saying she has not lied, but have these people even looked at all the lies Trump has told?

Trump can't even get along with the republican party, let alone the rest of the elected government or world. The only people he gets along with are those that slave to him and he will throw those people under the bus in a heartbeat if they don't bow down to his every move.

Both of these candidates totally suck. But Trump is literally a huge risk and danger to the country IMO. I'm not sure what good will come out of having a lose cannon that wants to be a dictator as the president.

Both of them will be constantly ridiculed and have the constant threat of impeachments etc. We have had decades to study Clinton's baggage, I have a feeling we are just getting started with digging up baggage on Trump.

And I find metro Kansas City to be "average" for a large metro area. It's not very conservative at all. Some of the outer suburbs can be quite conservative (true for any metro), but for the most part, metro KC is pretty middle of the road leaning liberal. The urban core is obviously very liberal. KC is nothing like what you will find in large cities in the south or rural areas in the midwest. That why I started this thread. This lady is embarrassing. Her accent sounds like she is from Oklahoma or something. Stop electing people like this.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:21 AM

889 posts, read 1,428,548 times
The reason it says "Kansas City, MO" in the upper corner, is because the studio where she did the interview is in Kansas City, Missouri. When national news organizations need to do a live fiber/satellite interview with someone, they have to go to one of the local TV stations, or a studio which I believe is located in the Crossroads District. Based on the background, I think she was in that studio.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:27 AM

941 posts, read 1,004,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I find it ironic that Trump supporters main argument is that Hillary lies. I'm not saying she has not lied, but have these people even looked at all the lies Trump has told?

Trump can't even get along with the republican party, let alone the rest of the elected government or world. The only people he gets along with are those that slave to him and he will throw those people under the bus in a heartbeat if they don't bow down to his every move.

Both of these candidates totally suck. But Trump is literally a huge risk and danger to the country IMO. I'm not sure what good will come out of having a lose cannon that wants to be a dictator as the president.

Both of them will be constantly ridiculed and have the constant threat of impeachments etc. We have had decades to study Clinton's baggage, I have a feeling we are just getting started with digging up baggage on Trump.

And I find metro Kansas City to be "average" for a large metro area. It's not very conservative at all. Some of the outer suburbs can be quite conservative (true for any metro), but for the most part, metro KC is pretty middle of the road leaning liberal. The urban core is obviously very liberal. KC is nothing like what you will find in large cities in the south or rural areas in the midwest. That why I started this thread. This lady is embarrassing. Her accent sounds like she is from Oklahoma or something. Stop electing people like this.
I live in Phoenix where a woman like this was the former governor of Arizona.

She didn't represent the vast majority of the populace either (Arizona cities are liberal leaning).

Older people as well as people who are afraid of change tend to like people like this as they are folksy and they seem to be more "down home" and "relate-able" than many politicians even if what they say and their viewpoint of the world is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or