U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 11:07 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,488,746 times

Advertisements

If you don't like controversial topics, especially the topic of how Kansas creates a negative image of Kansas City, MO, hit the back button now and go read about bbq or something....

I hate it when these extreme right wing conservative Kansas politicians claim to be from Kansas City, MO.

This makes KC looks sooooo bad. Why can't they say they are from Topeka or just Kansas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TadGFt7933U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 11:22 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,015,782 times
I watched that whole painful exchange and I didn't hear her once claim she was from Kansas City. If she's a Kansas politician like you say, I would think that part was made clear when the guests were introduced before this clip begins.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:11 AM

401 posts, read 299,960 times
I saw this and cringed. It does say Kansas City, MO is her location in the upper right. That's how it got my attention, I only saw the second half live.

Kansas and Kansas City are the same thing to the rest of the country. People ignore the whole Missouri part of it. So even if they specifically said Kansas, it wouldn't matter.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:43 AM

1,298 posts, read 982,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
If you don't like controversial topics, especially the topic of how Kansas creates a negative image of Kansas City, MO, hit the back button now and go read about bbq or something....

I hate it when these extreme right wing conservative Kansas politicians claim to be from Kansas City, MO.

This makes KC looks sooooo bad. Why can't they say they are from Topeka or just Kansas?

Was that label in the corner an error, do you think? Or is it possible she was joining them from a KCMO studio? If it's the latter, it sucks, but there's really nothing you can do about it. Especially when you consider that Missouri's electoral votes will almost certainly go to Trump.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
Was that label in the corner an error, do you think? Or is it possible she was joining them from a KCMO studio? If it's the latter, it sucks, but there's really nothing you can do about it. Especially when you consider that Missouri's electoral votes will almost certainly go to Trump.
I'm sure it's because that's where most of the studios are. I just found it annoying. I would have said the same thing if it were a Missouri politician. I can't fathom why anybody would vote for trump. I understand Clinton is not a very good choice, but Trump? You have to be a die hard republican and liberal hater to support such a person for president.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:42 AM

11 posts, read 7,671 times
Good lord man, all you talk about is how bad Kansas is, how it brings a negative image to our metro. I am sorry but this is why a lot of us avoid this forum because of this, we get it most of us Kansans are embarrassed for this dumb politician's interview but she lives in the KC Metro.. I am sorry but you don't throw stones in a glass house is all I have to say, especially when the Missouri side of our metro has a tail that can be stepped on as well.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguidesanrafas View Post
Good lord man, all you talk about is how bad Kansas is, how it brings a negative image to our metro. I am sorry but this is why a lot of us avoid this forum because of this, we get it most of us Kansans are embarrassed for this dumb politician's interview but she lives in the KC Metro.. I am sorry but you don't throw stones in a glass house is all I have to say, especially when the Missouri side of our metro has a tail that can be stepped on as well.
This same topic is a top topic on other threads too like https://www.reddit.com/r/kansascity. You know a thread like this will come up in Maryland forums and guess what happens? The people that care respond, those that don't ignore it.

Again, had it been a Missouri politician, I would have said the same thing. Problem is that it tends to be a KS politician. This is not the first time KS politics have tarnished the image of KC. I have had lots of people out here ask me about the public schools in KC teaching creation when that mess had nothing to do with Missouri for example. Things like that effect the image of the entire KC area. Even the Westboro church had had some impact in the image of KC because KC has Kansas in its name which is what Westoro is associated with. It's ignorance, but it is what it is.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:11 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
Oh noessssss! It's on reddit! Whah, wah, tarnish the image!

Eh. Trump supporters all over the nation humiliate themselves on the regular and are an embarrassment to the human race. It's whatever. Fools are fools wherever they are, and they are everywhere. It's not like this woman is the only one of her kind.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:50 AM

519 posts, read 467,812 times
I didn't find anything she said to be embarrassing. Some people at work today are talking about it and some co-workers had positive things to say about her. So it's all one's perspective if they find her embarrassing or refreshing.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:52 AM

2,594 posts, read 2,283,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post

The KC metro area is on our short list of possible retirement relocations in the next few years.

However, if this woman is indicative of the mindset of the populace, we will have to cross KC off our list.

So, does she represent the mindset of the average person living in the KC metro, or not?

Please give us an honest opinion.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or