U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 06:38 PM

519 posts, read 467,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I don't like trump. At all. But I really like that he wants to build up our country's infrastructure, something most conservatives don't want to do. The USA's infrastructure is embarrassing now compared to almost every other country, including many developing countries.

Spending money to rebuild our aging infrastructure is long overdue.

Although I don't really get KCI being on the list. It's not really a fed funded project. However, if the feds want to pay for much of it, KC should be very excited. KC will likely be the first city in the nation to actually attempt to fight off the feds and any federal money if they do actually plan to help rebuild KCI.

Let me correct that last sentence. KC's "residents" will fight the project. The city government is in favor of a new terminal.
All that President Trump has to say to Kansas City is "Build that new terminal" and our President will make Kansas City Great Again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 06:41 PM

519 posts, read 467,812 times
This article out of St Louis makes it look like Kansas City really has missed the Southwest boat because of KCI's terminals. With Southwest expansion in mind, Lambert renovations underway - KMOV.com

Old 01-27-2017, 11:45 PM

941 posts, read 1,004,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
This article out of St Louis makes it look like Kansas City really has missed the Southwest boat because of KCI's terminals. With Southwest expansion in mind, Lambert renovations underway - KMOV.com
St. Louis has the advantage of having a terminal that was a large airline hub in the late 1980s - early 2000s. That terminal can be much more easily modified to modern standards than the ones at KCI.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:02 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,493,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
St. Louis has the advantage of having a terminal that was a large airline hub in the late 1980s - early 2000s. That terminal can be much more easily modified to modern standards than the ones at KCI.

Point is that had KC dealt with KCI's terminal situation ten years ago, it's likely that many of the flights that SW has added to StL and DIA would be in KC today instead. SW has stated many times they wanted to make KC a major focus city. This was before they were even in Denver and had very little presence in StL.

Now look, KC is far from being a focus city and StL is well on the way. MCI has become another OKC or Omaha to Southwest.

DIA:180
STL:100
MCI:69

Old 01-29-2017, 07:51 PM

48,891 posts, read 39,381,014 times
Quote:
Point is that had KC dealt with KCI's terminal situation ten years ago, it's likely that many of the flights that SW has added to StL and DIA would be in KC today instead. SW has stated many times they wanted to make KC a major focus city. This was before they were even in Denver and had very little presence in StL.

Now look, KC is far from being a focus city and StL is well on the way. MCI has become another OKC or Omaha to Southwest.

DIA:180
STL:100
MCI:69
Then why didn't you show OKC and Omaha's numbers there?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Then why didn't you show OKC and Omaha's numbers there?
Because they didn't added dozens of flights, many at the expense of MCI. I also know that they are O/D cities and not focus cities for Southwest which is what KCI is even though SW would have liked to make it a focus city or even just add a lot more flights then they have been able to add.

KCI would probably have over 100 Southwest flights a day (focus city or not) if KCI's terminal was not so hated across the national flying public. I know, it's a difficult concept to understand.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:47 AM

941 posts, read 1,004,515 times
Quote:
Because they didn't added dozens of flights, many at the expense of MCI. I also know that they are O/D cities and not focus cities for Southwest which is what KCI is even though SW would have liked to make it a focus city or even just add a lot more flights then they have been able to add.

KCI would probably have over 100 Southwest flights a day (focus city or not) if KCI's terminal was not so hated across the national flying public. I know, it's a difficult concept to understand.
I agree. However, that ship has sailed. Southwest seems very committed to their focus cities in DEN and STL and is continually growing both.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
I agree. However, that ship has sailed. Southwest seems very committed to their focus cities in DEN and STL and is continually growing both.
I know. Kinda of sad really, especially since KCI is going to have to replace the terminal eventually no matter what and by the time they do, they will spend way more and get way less out of the deal. Not to mention years of potential loss of more flights and related economic activity.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:28 PM

According to this, KCI has an average TSA wait of nearly 30 minutes. This almost seems like it might be an error though. I have seen waits of 30-45 minutes at KCI during weekday morning rush, but a 30 minute average seems high for KCI unless things really have gotten bad there.

https://c0cre904.caspio.com/dp.asp?a...ToDetails=True

Meanwhile here are some other airports that proves that most airports don't have much of a wait at all.

Denver 9 minutes
Baltimore 11 minutes
Reagan 3 minutes
Dulles 33 minutes
Phoenix 9 minutes
DFW 13 minutes
Dallas Love 9 minutes
Lousville 6 minutes
St Louis 4 minutes
Atlanta 7 minutes
Nashville 10 minutes

Bottom line is the waits at TSA at any airport is grossly exaggerated by KCI supporters and this has been my experience as well.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:30 AM

1,298 posts, read 983,095 times
Quote:
According to this, KCI has an average TSA wait of nearly 30 minutes. This almost seems like it might be an error though. I have seen waits of 30-45 minutes at KCI during weekday morning rush, but a 30 minute average seems high for KCI unless things really have gotten bad there.

https://c0cre904.caspio.com/dp.asp?a...ToDetails=True

Meanwhile here are some other airports that proves that most airports don't have much of a wait at all.

Denver 9 minutes
Baltimore 11 minutes
Reagan 3 minutes
Dulles 33 minutes
Phoenix 9 minutes
DFW 13 minutes
Dallas Love 9 minutes
Lousville 6 minutes
St Louis 4 minutes
Atlanta 7 minutes
Nashville 10 minutes

Bottom line is the waits at TSA at any airport is grossly exaggerated by KCI supporters and this has been my experience as well.
There's a confirmation bias at work. One nightmare scenario (out of dozens of visits) in a large airport is enough to sour any medium-market midwesterner. "Save KC!" They say. "God forbid we should become like Dallas! One time I had to wait in line for... an hour."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or