U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-18-2017, 04:05 PM
 
12,610 posts, read 14,621,137 times
Reputation: 14115

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksider2brooklyn View Post
Why do you constantly troll this user KCMO?

KC need a new terminal and if the people of KC don't see that then they don't know the first thing about the business of airports.

Amazon is a liberal and very urban oriented company. Even if they choose a suburban location, it will be more urban than anything in Kansas.

It takes about ten minutes and the internet to understand both of these topics.

You honestly think Amazon would even consider JOCounty? They probably won't even consider KC,Mo with that airport and the fight it's taking to get it upgraded.
I didn't say anything about Johnson County or Kansas in regard to Amazon. I did quote from a link that said Amazon said they want acreage and that urban wasn't a requirement. So obviously what people "think" Amazon wants isn't necessarily what Amazon wants. Obviously you aren't going to find acreage in an urban area. I didn't make any comment at all about Jo Co vs KCMO or Amazon coming here at all. I don't think they will. Based on their requirements, they definitely aren't going to come to downtown KCMO. All I have ever said about Amazon prior to this is that they probably would never choose St. Louis because of the recent protests there and the past protests in Ferguson. It doesn't make it a very attractive place.


I don't troll anyone. I have been trolled, though. Just as recently as yesterday and today. But when KCMO spouts crap about Johnson County/Kansas just for the sake of putting it down, I will call him on it. Why are you trolling ME? I have a right to respond to kcmo's rants. I haven't even visited this forum much lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2017, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Alamogordo, NM
5,500 posts, read 5,163,219 times
Reputation: 3277
When is Amazon going to make their huge decision? Yeah, I know I could look it up by Googling. But I care not enough about it ta do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 05:27 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
7,665 posts, read 5,645,122 times
Reputation: 7506
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I didn't say anything about Johnson County or Kansas in regard to Amazon. I did quote from a link that said Amazon said they want acreage and that urban wasn't a requirement. So obviously what people "think" Amazon wants isn't necessarily what Amazon wants. Obviously you aren't going to find acreage in an urban area. I didn't make any comment at all about Jo Co vs KCMO or Amazon coming here at all. I don't think they will. Based on their requirements, they definitely aren't going to come to downtown KCMO. All I have ever said about Amazon prior to this is that they probably would never choose St. Louis because of the recent protests there and the past protests in Ferguson. It doesn't make it a very attractive place.


I don't troll anyone. I have been trolled, though. Just as recently as yesterday and today. But when KCMO spouts crap about Johnson County/Kansas just for the sake of putting it down, I will call him on it. Why are you trolling ME? I have a right to respond to kcmo's rants. I haven't even visited this forum much lately.
What they can't stand is truth. That's what you're known for posting, and it encroaches on their perfect little urban-progressive bubble. So they try to shut you down any contemptible way they can think of....this time charging "trolling". It's pathetic. So much so that's it's comical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 06:25 PM
 
519 posts, read 468,620 times
Reputation: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
What they can't stand is truth. That's what you're known for posting, and it encroaches on their perfect little urban-progressive bubble. So they try to shut you down any contemptible way they can think of....this time charging "trolling". It's pathetic. So much so that's it's comical.
very good CrownVic. perfect little urban progressive (regressive in my eyes) bubble cities like Baltimore, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 07:23 PM
 
12,610 posts, read 14,621,137 times
Reputation: 14115
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
What they can't stand is truth. That's what you're known for posting, and it encroaches on their perfect little urban-progressive bubble. So they try to shut you down any contemptible way they can think of....this time charging "trolling". It's pathetic. So much so that's it's comical.
Thanks, CrownVic. I'm glad you're still here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2017, 07:23 PM
 
Location: IN
20,170 posts, read 34,503,731 times
Reputation: 12513
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
very good CrownVic. perfect little urban progressive (regressive in my eyes) bubble cities like Baltimore, etc.
Twin Cities are better across the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2017, 04:06 AM
 
Location: Germantown, Philadelphia
3,664 posts, read 1,773,993 times
Reputation: 2210
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I didn't say anything about Johnson County or Kansas in regard to Amazon. I did quote from a link that said Amazon said they want acreage and that urban wasn't a requirement.
Urban may not be a requirement, but according to the published bullet lists I've seen, good mass transit is.

KC has some catching up to do in that department, but given how traffic moves throughout the area, it's a low-priority item for the region.



Quote:
Obviously you aren't going to find acreage in an urban area.
Depends on the urban area:

Schuylkill Yards

The Navy Yard

Both of the above sites have the capacity to absorb the total square footage Amazon seeks to build. Were it to choose the first of these, it would probably enable that project to be completed in much less time than its backers currently project.

These sites are among the reason Philadelphia lands on a lot of Top 5 lists for Amazon's likely choice. One analysis I've read put it first; most of the others land it in second or third place. It also gains because of its distance from Amazon HQ and its location in the Northeastern US.

A respected and knowledgeable analyst of the Philadelphia real estate market who gives great quote told me that all this is pretty much a charade, however, and Amazon knew where it wanted to go from the outset - what it's doing is trying to see how many goodies it can wrangle (and presumably get the intended to fork over a bigger dowry as well).

Where it will end up, this guy said, is Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2017, 05:41 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh PA
402 posts, read 300,760 times
Reputation: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
What they can't stand is truth. That's what you're known for posting, and it encroaches on their perfect little urban-progressive bubble. So they try to shut you down any contemptible way they can think of....this time charging "trolling". It's pathetic. So much so that's it's comical.
Where has anyone not posted the truth? Talk about comical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2017, 06:28 AM
 
1,298 posts, read 984,500 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Obviously you aren't going to find acreage in an urban area.
This is not "obvious" nor is it even true.

Granted, a prime downtown location is not likely to have acreage. But there are tons of large urban projects that take the place of abandoned rail yards, industrial districts, decomissioned freeways or waterfronts. These all have acreage to spare.

Edit: I see now that MarketStEl responded to this with better detail than I could. Kudos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2017, 03:27 PM
 
Location: First Hill, Seattle
5,470 posts, read 5,781,279 times
Reputation: 7191
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
When is Amazon going to make their huge decision? Yeah, I know I could look it up by Googling. But I care not enough about it ta do that.
Could be as soon as year-end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top