U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 05:53 PM

7 posts, read 4,316 times

Advertisements

I just relocated back to CA after the 4 most miserable years of my live living in this s***hole. While downtown KC is relatively ok, Kansas has the most rude, provincial, racist, ignorant hayseed fools that it is incredible. Really, I thought such people and behaviors only lived on the TV, but all the midwest stereotypes I heard growing up are dead on accurate. The only thing people care about there is the ball game, followed by who/what everybody else is f***ing, in that order. People in KS do not mind their own business, pretend like they are friendly, in order to extract information that they can use against you, and actively seek out ANY differences in people around them to spread rumors and gossip. ANY differences from the status quo are generally intolerated here and you will find yourself actively discriminated against.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:29 PM

481 posts, read 579,849 times
Good riddance! Sounds like you have problems beyond where you live.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:25 PM

14 posts, read 9,297 times
I think you're a perfect fit for California.

Last edited by Deacon_Blues; 12-26-2016 at 10:33 PM..

Old 12-27-2016, 10:35 AM

2,422 posts, read 1,325,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon_Blues View Post
I think you're a perfect fit for California.
That poster sounds like a troll. We aren't all rude a-wholes in California like the OP.

Cool user name by the way...are you a Steely Dan fan?

Old 12-27-2016, 11:49 AM

290 posts, read 229,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodini3566 View Post
I just relocated back to CA after the 4 most miserable years of my live living in this s***hole. While downtown KC is relatively ok, Kansas has the most rude, provincial, racist, ignorant hayseed fools that it is incredible. Really, I thought such people and behaviors only lived on the TV, but all the midwest stereotypes I heard growing up are dead on accurate. The only thing people care about there is the ball game, followed by who/what everybody else is f***ing, in that order. People in KS do not mind their own business, pretend like they are friendly, in order to extract information that they can use against you, and actively seek out ANY differences in people around them to spread rumors and gossip. ANY differences from the status quo are generally intolerated here and you will find yourself actively discriminated against.
I'm from CA too! You should have lived in KCMO, preferably an urban core neighborhood that doesn't have those Kansas issues.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:04 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,488,746 times
The OP said that Downtown KCMO was decent. It was the Kansas side people that seemed to rub him the wrong way. My experience in KC was very similar actually, which is why by the time I left KC, I actually went out of my way to avoid anything Kansas side of KC, even taking a lower paying job in KCMO to get out of Johnson County all together (although it payed off in the long run with much higher pay). And for the record, the MO suburbs are not much better. This is why I continue to say that I really like KC a lot (between Briarcliff and Waldo and between State line and 71). The rest of metro KC? Not so much.

The central urban corridor of KCMO seems to be only getting better though and with all the new residential going up, it looks like KC central KC may be finally turning a major corner. If you live in downtown, midtown, plaza etc and only interact with people in those areas, I think your time in KC and your opinion of KC will be drastically different compared to people that might even live in KCMO but have to commute to suburban jobs.

I personally would not move back to KC unless I could live AND work in the city. I never want to deal with Johnson County culture again. Like I have said before, it's the main reason I don't miss KC. And the MO suburbs? Not enough going on there to move back for sure.

Having said that. KCMO sure looked pretty badass on Sunday Night football on Christmas. NBC did a good job showing off the city. You know that central urban corridor of KCMO .

Last edited by kcmo; 12-27-2016 at 12:15 PM..

Old 12-27-2016, 12:16 PM

290 posts, read 229,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
The OP said that Downtown KCMO was decent. It was the Kansas side people that seemed to rub him the wrong way. My experience in KC was very similar actually, which is why by the time I left KC, I actually went out of my way to avoid anything Kansas side of KC, even taking a lower paying job in KCMO to get out of Johnson County all together (although it payed off in the long run with much high pay). And for the record, the MO suburbs are not much better. This is why I continue to say that I really like KC a lot (between Briarcliff and Waldo and between State line and 71). The rest of metro KC? Not so much.

The central urban corridor of KCMO seems to be only getting better though and with all the new residential going up, it looks like KC central KC may be finally turning a major corner. If you live in downtown, midtown, plaza etc and only interact with people in those areas, I think your time in KC and your opinion of KC will be drastically different compared to people that might even live in KCMO but have to commute to suburban jobs.

I personally would not move back to KC unless I could live AND work in the city. I never want to deal with Johnson County culture again. Like I have said before, it's the main reason I don't miss KC. And the MO suburbs? Not enough going on there to move back for sure.

Having said that. KCMO sure looked pretty badass on Sunday Night football on Christmas. NBC did a good job showing off the city. You know that central urban corridor of KCMO .
True, but it looks like he stated he only visited downtown, but likely lived in Johnson County. Thus, my reply is he shouldn't have lived there at all. And great game and scenes of KC!

Old 12-27-2016, 12:23 PM

10,705 posts, read 18,488,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA650 View Post
True, but it looks like he stated he only visited downtown, but likely lived in Johnson County. Thus, my reply is he shouldn't have lived there at all. And great game and scenes of KC!
Probably right. I can't see a person hating KC if they live in a trendy urban core area unless they just have in their head that they hate the place. Even if you commute to the burbs, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. I wouldn't move back and put myself in that situation, but I would think most people could deal with it.

I just don't like suburban KC or midwest/south suburbs in general and prefer to avoid them. Here in DC, the suburbs are so different. It's like a different world and its more to my liking. You have to go way out to Frederick or something to get into suburbs that feel like KC's burbs.

Urban KCMO is a great place though. Someday KC area companies will realize that as well and stop building office parks in the middle of nowhere. Suburban office construction is way down or even nonexistent in most metros now, a trend that seems to have hit every metro except KC.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:09 PM

7 posts, read 4,316 times
Yes, you are correct, I am talking about Johnson County. I could have lived in downtown KCMO, but my job was in overland park, so no way I would be able to avoid it.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:49 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,605,815 times
So is your issue that women are rejecting you? Seems to be what is behind this based on your post in another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or