U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 11:16 PM

48,931 posts, read 39,411,169 times

Advertisements

Clearly the public schools in JOCO are on average superior to those in KC. It's a proven fact. While there are some schools on the MO side that are decent in total the numbers aren't debatable.

Now sure, you can pay 15k a year per kid to attend a private on the MO side (gee wonder why there are so many privates if the schools are good?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 08:31 AM

1,298 posts, read 984,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Clearly the public schools in JOCO are on average superior to those in KC. It's a proven fact. While there are some schools on the MO side that are decent in total the numbers aren't debatable.

Now sure, you can pay 15k a year per kid to attend a private on the MO side (gee wonder why there are so many privates if the schools are good?).
I'm going to call out anyone who continues to compare JoCo schools to those in the KCMO district. There isn't a single person on this forum who actually believes these two are worth comparing. And nobody is saying that KCMO is a good district, and trying to ignore the fact that there are so many private schools.

If you want to compare, compare Blue Valley to Blue Springs, or Shawnee Mission to Lee's Summit. Or Olathe to North Kansas City.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
^^^^ Exactly why there is NO reason to worry about Johnson County schools. They will be fine, just as I have said repeatedly.

If you look at the map that someone posted, the highest concentration of way above average schools are in Johnson County. The whole area has way above average schools. On the Missouri side you have some areas like that, separated by areas that are not.

My vote is still for Johnson County schools.
Why does a person need a "concentration" of way above average schools? All that matters is the school district you actually live in. If you're in Lee's Summit, who cares about Hickman Mills or Raytown?

By your logic, one might consider Shawnee Mission East compromised, because it's only a mile or two from the KCMO school district. Again, only the school district you actually live in means anything.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:03 AM

10,705 posts, read 18,509,283 times
Clearly the public schools in the Northland are on average superior to those in KCK. It's a proven fact. While there are some schools on the KS side that are decent in total the numbers aren't debatable.

Now sure, you can pay 15k a year per kid to attend a private on the KS side (gee wonder why there are so many privates if the schools are good?).

Old 02-02-2017, 02:50 PM

12,610 posts, read 14,621,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
Why does a person need a "concentration" of way above average schools? All that matters is the school district you actually live in. If you're in Lee's Summit, who cares about Hickman Mills or Raytown?

By your logic, one might consider Shawnee Mission East compromised, because it's only a mile or two from the KCMO school district. Again, only the school district you actually live in means anything.
It means that Johnson County is overall a better area. Great schools/low crime. If it had sketchy areas mixed in, with lower performing schools/high school dropouts/juvenile delinquents, the whole area wouldn't be as good. I know you and others are going to jump on me for saying that, but hey - I speak the truth.

Last edited by luzianne; 02-02-2017 at 03:19 PM..

Old 02-02-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Clearly the public schools in the Northland are on average superior to those in KCK. It's a proven fact. While there are some schools on the KS side that are decent in total the numbers aren't debatable.

Now sure, you can pay 15k a year per kid to attend a private on the KS side (gee wonder why there are so many privates if the schools are good?).
The truth is, many parents in Johnson County who could well afford to send their kids to private schools DO NOT because there is no need to. There are lots and lots of doctors with kids in public schools in Johnson County.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:37 PM

The truth is, many parents in the Northland, Lee's Summit etc who could well afford to send their kids to private schools DO NOT because there is no need to. There are lots and lots of doctors with kids in public schools in Northland, Lee's Summit etc.

Oh and for the record, some of the best schools in the metro are those private schools in central KCMO. A good portion of the students at schools like Pembroke and Rockhurst are from JoCo.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
The truth is, many parents in the Northland, Lee's Summit etc who could well afford to send their kids to private schools DO NOT because there is no need to. There are lots and lots of doctors with kids in public schools in Northland, Lee's Summit etc.

So now you are resorting to parroted rephrasing of mine and MathGuy's posts (never mind that your rephrases are untrue) to suit your agenda?

Old 02-02-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
So now you are resorting to parroted rephrasing of mine and MathGuy's posts (never mind that your rephrases are untrue) to suit your agenda?
Exactly.

Tell me why these statements are not true.

Quote:
Quote:
How is comparing suburban JoCo to urban KCMO schools any different than comparing suburban KCMO to urban KCK schools?

And you seriously don't think people in the affluent MO side suburbs could afford to send their kids to private schools if they wanted to, but instead choose public because they have great public schools? You don't think there are doctors in the affluent parts of the MO side? Do you even have to be a doctor? What about business owners etc?

And people in JoCo wonder why MO side residents are hostile toward them???

Old 02-02-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
It means that Johnson County is overall a better area. Great schools/low crime. If it had sketchy areas mixed in, with lower performing schools/high school dropouts/juvenile delinquents, the whole area wouldn't be as good. I know you and others are going to jump on me for saying that, but hey - I speak the truth.
I didn't think we were debating which was an "overall better area". I thought we were just talking about where to go for good schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or