U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 01:51 PM

401 posts, read 300,064 times

Advertisements

^ haha um okay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 03:14 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,609,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksider2brooklyn View Post
^ haha um okay
Dead bodies and all you can say is "haha um okay."

The truth is, MOST people don't live in urban KC and don't want to. It appeals to some, but not to most. And when the hipster doofuses (credit: Seinfeld) mature, they move to the suburbs.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:34 PM

7,645 posts, read 5,638,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post

The truth is, MOST people don't live in urban KC and don't want to. It appeals to some, but not to most. And when the hipster doofuses (credit: Seinfeld) mature, they move to the suburbs.

Post of the day, maybe the week.... +1

Old 02-14-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:

Sure. Whatever you say. KC,MO or Pittsburgh or any other city anyday over Kansas. Better quality of life.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:21 PM

519 posts, read 467,990 times
Quote:
Sorry, but better quality of life on the Kansas side! Always has been. Downtown/Westport/Plaza/midtown, northeast, NKC - been there, done that. A very small percentage of the population of the KC metro lives in downtown/Westport/Plaza. The rest live mainly in the suburbs.

There was someone beat up the other night -AGAIN - on the Plaza by juvenile thugs. There was a body found at Westport and Roanoke two days ago. There was another body found floating in Brush Creek. Nice place, huh?

Why don't you change your name to lovemissouri? And why'd you leave if it's so wonderful?
You have a great talent for grasping how things are. You are so right about this. Up until probably the 1960s most mid size cities, urban areas were still probably good, safe, and had quality of life. That time is long passed though and will never be again for the urban areas. While fun to do things during the day or night spots, explore "ruins" of buildings and neighborhoods, at night it's time to go back to "quality of life" living. About the airport, one would think Kansas's thoughts of building a new terminal at one of their existing airport grounds would get the city to move on building a new terminal at KCI, it probably won't make the city or it's voters do the right thing. It is such a shame that the airport's future is based solely on the voting of uninformed, uneducated, unintelligent, and zombie residents of KC.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:47 PM

Wow, I feel like I'm interacting with some rural old folk here. Are you people serious right now? Are there really this many people in KC that think like this.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:12 PM

5,498 posts, read 5,155,447 times
When I think of people from KC, MO, opposing upgrading KCI, I think of people afraid of higher taxes. Afraid of spending money they don't have.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Wow, I feel like I'm interacting with some rural old folk here. Are you people serious right now? Are there really this many people in KC that think like this.

Now you sound like kcmo. If someone disagrees with you, make yourself feel superior by calling them hillbilly, rural, backwards thinking, etc. Oldest trick in the book - trying to make yourself look better by putting others down. Pssst - it doesn't work.

The truth is, some of us are not afraid to say how things REALLY are. And when we do, it's either ignored or we are attacked. I didn't make up the recent bodies found in KC or the person being beat up on the Plaza. And there are lots of other stories I could post if you like.

Urban KC is not the utopia some of you like to pretend it is.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Sure. Whatever you say. KC,MO or Pittsburgh or any other city anyday over Kansas. Better quality of life.
To you maybe. Not to most. I guess it's good you are in Brooklyn, huh? I have lived all over Kansas City, Missouri. I prefer to live on the Kansas side. It's nicer and there is less crime. I know - horrible, right?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:32 PM

5,498 posts, read 5,155,447 times
Urban KC is not the utopia some of you like to pretend it is.

Cool places like The Country Club Plaza help make it seem cooler than it really is - the neighborhood we saw in person yesterday - Oak Park Southwest - tells it how it really is - kind of ugly and depressing. The Plaza area's architecture and smart planning from long ago has paid big dividends for business owners and patrons of these businesses for years. I don't see it's popularity ending.

But there's a lot of ugh in urban KC - having said that, it looks as if urban KC is not as nasty as urban St. Louis, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or