Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 535 times

Advertisements

I've HAD to take Hydrocodone for years. I cannot function or live a quality of life without it and I've proved that over and over in attempting to come off of it and try other treatments! I moved from St Louis to Kansas City and started trying to find the right Pain Management doctor even before I moved in December. My new primary doctor I get gives me the Hydrocodone with the idea that I will do something else (like see a pain doctor). Instead of him giving me a chance to get linked up with a pain doctor, he forces me to get of off Hydrocodone by limiting my prescription. I go the the pain management doctor and they don't give Hydrodcodone for "fibromyalgia" even though I also have herniated back disks and have been on Hydro for years because the pain got to be so severe that nothing else would help! Now I need a new pain management doctor QUICK before I run out of Hydrocodone (if that's even possible). I was referred to one that "might" give the medicine that I need but absolutely no guarantees and so I will be out, I will have to quit my part time job, and I won't be able to make payments on my car so I won't have a car (again). CAN ANYONE IN THE KANSAS CITY AREA TELL ME OF A PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR OR OTHER DOCTOR THAT ALMOST CERTAINLY WILL GIVE ME HYDROCODONE FOR MY CONDITION?

Old 04-01-2017, 07:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
As I said before, Missouri is the only state that does not have prescription drug monitoring, so that part is in your favor.

But doctors don't like to hand out narcotics. That's why ER doctors and primary care doctors refer you to a pain management doctor instead. Their goal is to help you with your pain without narcotics if possible. No doctor I know of is going to give you narcotics, especially if you demand them.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:34 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
MO federal legislature is starting to turn more attention onto opioid prescription, so I wouldn't bank on much by way of future guarantees on that front.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
For herniated discs they are going to want you to try physical therapy, NSAIDs, epidural steroid injections and surgery. They aren't going to just give you narcotics because you say you need them. And no doctor anywhere is going to give opioids for fibromyalgia. People who come in requesting specific medications are labeled as drug seekers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City