Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 05:04 PM

15 posts, read 56,947 times

Advertisements

could anyone fill me in on the nature of the kansas side, what to look for, what to look out for?

the city itself seems gritty. looking for a quiet clean 'town' that's more affluent. is the overland park/lenexa area my best bet?

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 06:49 PM

69 posts, read 250,403 times
Overland Park and Lenexa are located in Johnson County. If you are looking for clean and affluent in Kansas, this is the area (Johnson County) you should be considering. Johnson County is ranked #39 in wealth in the country. Overland Park is pretty consistent in rating highly on various "best places" lists. Shawnee Mission and Blue Valley school districts are excellent. Johnson County library system always ranks in the top five for its population served in Hapler's Library Ratings. The shopping is wonderful. Housing ranges from brand new suburbs to your more traditional older homes. The Kansas suburbs located in Johnson County are Westwood, Fairway, Mission, Prairie Village, Overland Park, Lenexa, Shawnee. Olathe, Stanley, Stilwell are communities in Johnson County (plus south Overland Park) located in the far southern area of the county.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:51 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,660,656 times
You want to live in Johnson County period. No other place is even worth looking at.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:03 PM

42 posts, read 185,158 times
I agree with the other posters. I've lived in KC area for years, and mostly in Johnson County. It is perfect for a family, but a little dull for singles. North Overland Park/Johnson County is the older area, south is the newer and the further south you go, the more affluent you find. By south I mean south of the I-435 loop. If you want an apartment, look around 135th and Nall/Roe. If you want a house, go as far south as you can afford because you're houses will hold value longer. GREAT schools, although having had children in both Shawnee Mission (north area) and Blue Valley (south area), I much prefer Blue Valley Schools - fewer troubled kids, less issues, except maybe high schoolers who drink. Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: