Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 05:35 PM

48 posts, read 171,134 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My retired parents are considering moving to Kansas city when we do this summer. They are looking for a quiet, nice 2 bedroom apartment. Open to it being adult only, but not necessary. They actually prefer KS to MO. Is Leavenworth nice?
I have posted this on the Kansas side and was surprised that noone responded. It seems like the online community over there is a little smaller or slower to respond. So, I am trying on the MO side for KS apartments. They would prefer to be on the North end. Thanks so much for any thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 12:08 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,886,188 times
There is not much to choose from on the “north” end of the KS side. Any reason why they want to live north and in Kansas? Leavenworth is very isolated from the city and really very slow and conservative. Same with Lansing. But then again, if they want a small, slower growing town that feel like it’s not really part of a major metro area then they may like it.

Otherwise, I would look into Lenexa or Shawnee along I-435 or maybe K-7. Far more options and much closer (even to the northland) than Leavenworth because of good highway access.

But if they want to be “north”, the Northland has tons of options of course.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:13 AM

48 posts, read 171,134 times
Thanks for the reply. I will try searching for apts. in those areas. Good tip on other areas being as close time wise due to the roads. Always good to get tips from the locals!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:14 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
I would think they would be happiest in or near whatever town you are moving to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City