Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 10:14 PM

4 posts, read 28,378 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to Fort Leavenworth in July for about almost a year. I do not want to live in Leavenworth. I spent 3 months there in 2002 and I'm looking for more to do after work.

I'll be looking for a place to rent for this short time and what I'm trying to decide is where I want to live.

Things I consider important:
1. less than 40 min commute to Fort Leavenworth
2. nightlife and resturants
3. nice lakes nearby would be a plus
4. upscale area. I'm looking to for a nice area with low crime and educated, beautifull people. (I'm newly single again)

I would prefer to spend less than $1500 per month if possible for rent.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 10:48 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
The Zona Rosa area would probably be the best bet. Although it's suburban, it's close to Leavenworth, you have a lot of dining and shopping options, a nice movie theater and top notch comedy club. Plus, it's only 15 minutes to the city for a more urban night out on the town.

If you don't want the suburbs, I would go with the Country Club Plaza. Downtown may not fit your needs yet, although there are some areas of downtown that might like around the Library district or western auto lofts or the crossroads. So I wouldn't look past those areas either.

The drive from the Plaza to Leav would eat up much of your 40 minutes though.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:40 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times
I live off the 64th St exit (about 2 exits down from Zona Rosa off I-29) and I think it takes about 20 - 25 minutes to get to leavenworth. Depending on where you find in this area your address could be in Parkville or KC, but you literally just head down 64th st., get on 435 south for 4 or 5 miles I think and then hop on some back road that winds you all the way to Leavenworth. It's actually a pretty neat drive.

There is a lot of new construction going on here. If you head down 29 a couple miles to N. Oak Trfwy they are building quite a bit of new stores and the same goes if you go up about 2.5 miles to Zona Rosa. I also heard that they were considering putting a Costco in on 64th St. across from the Hen House store. Not sure if that's just a rumour though. Anyways, the point being, there is quite a bit of stuff in this area and it looks like it will continue to keep on growing.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 PM

where is the good nightlife? Are there nice apartments nearby?

Old 04-16-2008, 10:37 PM

another question.... I'm planning to sell my wakeboard boat because I'm afraid I may not use it much there. Are there any nice, deep lakes in the area?

Old 04-17-2008, 05:35 AM

48 posts, read 171,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwillette View Post
I'll be moving to Fort Leavenworth in July for about almost a year. I do not want to live in Leavenworth. I spent 3 months there in 2002 and I'm looking for more to do after work.

I'll be looking for a place to rent for this short time and what I'm trying to decide is where I want to live.

Things I consider important:
1. less than 40 min commute to Fort Leavenworth
2. nightlife and resturants
3. nice lakes nearby would be a plus
4. upscale area. I'm looking to for a nice area with low crime and educated, beautifull people. (I'm newly single again)

I would prefer to spend less than $1500 per month if possible for rent.

Any ideas?
Hi,

My parents are considering moving to Leavenworth. They are retired and like quiet neighborhoods. Would you consider Leavenworth a nice community for retired folks who have no desire for nightlife? Cheap but nice rental houses or apartments? Thanks for any info.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:27 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwillette View Post
where is the good nightlife? Are there nice apartments nearby?

Not sure about the nightlife as I don't go out much anymore but I know Zona Rosa has several bars there.

Right off of 64th St. and I-29 there are some apartments that look nice (haven't been in them but they look fine). 64th St. is about 2 1/2 miles down I-29 from Barry Road which is where Zona Rosa is. There are probably nice apartments right around the Zona Rosa area but Im not sure on that.

Zona Rosa :: Shopping, Dining, Entertainment, Apartments in Kansas City, Missouri

That is Zona Rosa.

If you want good nightlife then you should look into downtown by the new Sprint Center and Power & Light District. Though that will be a bit more of a hike to Leavenworth. It still only takes about 10 minutes to get to downtown KC from 64th St. though. Just hop on I-29 to 169 S and it takes you directly to Broadway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City