U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:30 AM

5 posts, read 9,802 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much for the information thus far. I really appreciate it! I am going to KC very soon for an interview and a chance to check out the area, so I will certainly check out the areas you all have recommended, including the boating options.

Given the fact that I want to rent/lease a home, is the market good in these areas for that? Where I am now, there are some awesome/executive homes that are for rent/lease but I am sure that isn't the case everywhere.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:46 AM

6 posts, read 52,666 times
Default It is a Buyers Market

You could not have picked a better time to be home shopping. KC is VERY cost effective, and with all the home foreclosures, you could possibly grab one of those up for a great price. Interest rates are also very good now.

Hope you enjoy KC as much as I do.

Sandy

Old 05-27-2008, 12:59 PM

7,819 posts, read 9,671,600 times
Check out Dalton's Ridge, You will love it. Homes range from 280-500's

Dalton's Ridge

It's between Lakewood (a massive upscale residential lake) and Blue Springs Lake (a larger recreational lake) and two minutes from I-470. Most of Independence is ten minutes away. If you like outdoors, you will really like this upscale and remote area that is right on the border of the jackson county parks.

You are also very close to Lake Jacomo, Prarie Lee Lake, James A Reed, Longview and many others in eastern Jackson County. Other areas to look at are northwestern Lee's Summit around Todd George Road near the new city Park, areas around View High Drive and 3rd Street south of I-470 and areas around Lakewood. All are very upscale though.

Independence has some areas along 39th and RD Mize that are also very upscale and in "open space" areas. The Little Blue Trace trail is in your back yard in those areas. Blue Springs has some very upscale areas on the other side of Fleming Park along its southwest side and along Adams Dairy Parkway and also along Dunkan Road.

No reason to consider the Kansas suburbs or the northland unless you just like to drive and you will be further away from the lakes and open space you desire.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:18 PM

5 posts, read 9,802 times
How big are the lakes in Lakewood and Blue Springs? I hadn't heard of those? We actually live in a lake community now and like it very much, but we like water sports, so the lake community would need to have a big enough lake to ski on.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:26 PM

7,819 posts, read 9,671,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyspyder View Post
How big are the lakes in Lakewood and Blue Springs? I hadn't heard of those? We actually live in a lake community now and like it very much, but we like water sports, so the lake community would need to have a big enough lake to ski on.
You can't ski in Lakewood, it's just too built up. You can ski at Blue Springs Lake, which is pretty large. I don't think you can ski in Lake Jacomo. It's large enough, but they keep the speed boats on Blue Springs Lake. All these lakes are five minutes apart.

There are some quite a few other residential lakes in the area as well. Lake Tapawingo, Lake Lotawana, Lake Winnebago and Raintree Lake.

Longview Lake is not far away and there is Smithville Lake up north.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:26 PM

4 posts, read 8,684 times
I think everyone covered the response here pretty well.

Yeah, my wife lives in Blue Springs and worked in Oak Park, KS - a 35-minute commute - I'd avoid that if possible.

In your position, I'd go for Blue Springs (a bit closer to Independence than Lee's Summit, I think). North B.S. is a bit more upscale as others wrote, but there are fine pockets in a lot of the town (some McMansions around Wood's Chapel and 40 highway, for example). Grain Valley or maybe Oak Grove is great if you want the "rural feel" - Oak Grove is really sort of an "Ex-burb" now, sort of like a slower-moving version of Blue Springs.

Also, check out the houses along RDMize road and especially East 39th Street, north of I-70, just to the east of Independence Mall - these are new developments, really feel a bit secluded in a heavily wooded area, and I think they definitely qualify as upscale; you'd probably have a very reasonable commute from there.

Good luck...

Old 08-29-2008, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,489 times
Default lease options in Kansas or Missouri

That's right. with the market like it is, it is a great time to find some great deals. Your can lease homes today at great prices and buy them later if you want. You can build some home equity now and cash out later.
If you want to see some of the homes we have available you can check out our web site at: [URL="http://www.1StopHomeBuyer.com"]www.1StopHomeBuyer.com[/URL] We also buy homes, stop foreclosures, do rent to own, lease options and help repair all kinds of credit.
let me know if I can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City