Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:31 AM

3 posts, read 25,828 times

Advertisements

My family and I are going through tough times and need to move from our current place which is a run down trailer. I am looking for a farm home that needs fixing up and a little bit of land (one acre would do) that we could rent or rent to own. I don't have a lot of money but could pay up to $350 a month. We do have small dogs and two cats.
If anyone knows of a place please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 12:16 PM

11 posts, read 234,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMP_STUDIO View Post
My family and I are going through tough times and need to move from our current place which is a run down trailer. I am looking for a farm home that needs fixing up and a little bit of land (one acre would do) that we could rent or rent to own. I don't have a lot of money but could pay up to $350 a month. We do have small dogs and two cats.
Keep your eye on Craiglist or the Wichita Eagle rural real estate section.

I wish you luck. Most people who are looking for something like this either luck into it or are grandfathered in via family/inheritance.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 PM

50 posts, read 158,336 times
Lemmon South Dakota, try Penfield Real Estate in Lemmon

Old 11-09-2008, 03:27 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,839,084 times
Look for free land in Kansas. If you are willing to relocate to some remote area of the state, this may be of help to you. Check with different churches. Some of them may have some property to rent. You might even check with Caholic Charities. They may have a program that will help. They have an apartment house in Tulsa where families can stay until they get back on their feet. You don't have to be Catholic.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:12 AM

4 posts, read 22,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMP_STUDIO View Post
Hi!
Does it have to be Kansas City, or would a more Northern Kansas, Jewel County, small town do?

I will tell you more if you reply in the affirmative.

Wishing the very best of luck to you, and your family.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:14 AM

Hi!
Does it have to be Kansas City, or would a more Northern Kansas, Jewel County, small town do?

Old 11-18-2008, 10:26 AM

26,374 posts, read 46,232,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol777 View Post
Hi!

Greetings new poster!
Jewell County, eh?
That is quite possibly one of the more isolated areas of KS.

To the OP: Choose anything in rural NE Kansas. You can have the best of both worlds. You can be out in a very rural area, but not too far removed from the Topeka/Lawrence/KC Metro corridor.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 AM

Hi!
Many thanks for your input, it's appreciated!

Old 07-01-2010, 02:02 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,129,828 times
Try searching Kansas City Craigslist for "farm" "acre" "rent to own" or anything you think might bring up properties you might be interested in.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 5,281 times
Default from Jewell - I'm interested!

Quote:
Hi!
Quote:

Offer still open lol777? got any ideas? I'm from that area and wouldn't mind moving back - I'm looking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City