Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 09:55 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times

Advertisements

I will be passing through KC 4 or 5 times a year on trips, and I usually stay overnight there. I would like some insight on where the best place to stay is if I want to catch a baseball or football game. I'd like to get some good BBQ and have a few brews as well. With that said I would like to minimize driving...cab or public transit preferred. I'm late 30's so not interested in clubs, just neat place to throw a few back and relax before driving the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 10:20 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
There are 2 hotels right next to the Royals stadium; I forget the name of the one, but the other is Drury and I have stayed there and was satisfied. They have happy hour, it's close enough where you can walk to the game.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:22 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,857,209 times
Also, there's shuttle busses that run from midtown to the Sports Complex. Lot's of hotels down there. Very touristy. Country Club Plaza, Crown Center, Westport. Plenty of good restaurants and bars.
Power & Light's not bad, but I don't know if they're running shuttles to Royals games from there yet. It's a newer area in the middle of downtown.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:35 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Also, there's shuttle busses that run from midtown to the Sports Complex. Lot's of hotels down there. Very touristy. Country Club Plaza, Crown Center, Westport. Plenty of good restaurants and bars.
Power & Light's not bad, but I don't know if they're running shuttles to Royals games from there yet. It's a newer area in the middle of downtown.
Yea, definitely stay in the city and take a bus or cab to the stadium. It’s worth it.

Buses run from all the major hotels in the Downtown, Crown Center and Plaza areas.

You can take an express bus to a Royals game and get a discount on your ticket, essentially getting a free ride out there.

Chiefs games are crazy and I would take a bus. The chiefs have bus routes from all over the metro, including the city and the buses get in and out of the stadium complex much faster than the cars.

Cabs are not too bad either though.

You will find nice places to have a beer in downtown or the plaza.

You can also stay at the Sheraton Hotel across the interstate and walk to the ballpark, but I would stay in the city if at all possible. There are BBQ places all over the Downtown/Crown Center/Plaza corridor.

Here is the link to the ATA

http://kcata.org/

Old 08-25-2008, 09:52 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,421 times
Definately check out a Chiefs game. Also definately do the whole tailgating thing. The Chiefs have one of the best tailgating setups in the industry. You won't be disappointed.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:53 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Definately check out a Chiefs game. Also definately do the whole tailgating thing. The Chiefs have one of the best tailgating setups in the industry. You won't be disappointed.
My cousins live out there and have season tickets. For both teams. I have gone with them to see the Chiefs but we never did the tailgate thing.
I must vouch for the stadium. I've only been to a few pro ones but have been to a more than a few college stadiums. Arrowhead is loud as hell. A way to get a reference of how it is would be walking through the concourse and then walking into a portal. We had one of my cousin's young kids with us a few years ago and when we walked into a portal he shrieked and crouched to the ground. That was funny. That particular cousin and his wife are straight laced LDS. My other cousin and I were waiting with baited breath for some drunk to yell M-----F-----! When it happened we almost threw up laughing.

I forget the name of the BBQ joint they always take me to. They live in Leawood so it may be in MO. I find it to be no better than MD BBQ. TX & NC BBQ are my favorites but you can't go wrong with BBQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City