Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,156 times

Advertisements

I could use a bit of help for ideas and thoughts. I need something (new) to try and/or do.

...I've more or less hit a point where I am sitting at home usually not wanting to sleep. Reason being because I've usually done so little I consider worthwhile any given day that it's not worth it to sleep.

So, to those of you out there. Any ideas on what I can do to either do here... or maybe work toward? I'm in need of any and every possible idea in general imaginable.

I don't really have dependable friends so... assume these standards:

-From Kansas City on either side to Lawrence. Legends, Lenexa, etc. Area range. Generally within a 60 minute drive from Overland Park is acceptable for distance.
-Single and needing activities able to do by one's self.
-Early to mid 20s range.
-Spending isn't too much an issue so long as it's not overly expensive.
-Don't really drink, no smoking, no dance/night clubs
-Things/something that could be done weekly

Keep in mind I'm fairly socially inept (Have a hard time meeting people/aquiring friends) though I can get along with anyone. Also, mainstream items like I can generally find on visitkc.com don't really help me too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 05:45 AM
jeh

31 posts, read 130,564 times
i was going to recommend some live music in lawrence but you may not be into that scene since you don't drink. you might want to check for some meetup groups and see if there's anything that interests you.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:54 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inariya View Post
I could use a bit of help for ideas and thoughts. I need something (new) to try and/or do.

...I've more or less hit a point where I am sitting at home usually not wanting to sleep. Reason being because I've usually done so little I consider worthwhile any given day that it's not worth it to sleep.

So, to those of you out there. Any ideas on what I can do to either do here... or maybe work toward? I'm in need of any and every possible idea in general imaginable.

-From Kansas City on either side to Lawrence. Legends, Lenexa, etc. Area range. Generally within a 60 minute drive from Overland Park is acceptable for distance.
-Early to mid 20s range.

Keep in mind I'm fairly socially inept (Have a hard time meeting people/aquiring friends) though I can get along with anyone. Also, mainstream items like I can generally find on visitkc.com don't really help me too much.
Join a Gym or a bowling league for some physical work for the sleep problems, and do volunteer work or a second fun job,all of the above will help you meet new folks and tire you out......good luck!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 AM

116 posts, read 421,705 times
You could volunteer at an after school program. Do you play music could you teach piano for example? You could take a night course in photography, cooking, or crafts. Join a health club.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:17 PM

612 posts, read 1,842,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inariya View Post

-Early to mid 20s range.

Well, what exactly are your interested in? Any things you enjoy doing in general? How's your personality. I need a little more info about you before I can really give some advice. You don't have to give out a lot, maybe just three or four things that interest you.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:22 PM

702 posts, read 2,516,517 times
Do charity work, it warms the heart and if you believe in a supreme being, perhaps you will get a huge reward once you kick the bucket!

Old 11-23-2008, 06:45 PM

266 posts, read 831,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
Join a Gym or a bowling league for some physical work for the sleep problems, and do volunteer work or a second fun job,all of the above will help you meet new folks and tire you out......good luck!
Yup, ditto on the physical work for sleep issues, even if you just get a bicycle for good weather and an inexpensive, but not cheap, stationary bike for inside during the winter. It's cheaper than a gym, but you won't meet people, but the activity will help you sleep. Get a pet for company if you can. If you get a dog, going on walks at a park can help increase the amount of contact you have with people in passing; people like pets and will say hello. You can also volunteer with animal organizations. There may be non-profit rescue organizations in your area where you could volunteer at a kennel, cats or dogs. It isn't fancy, but it's also not as overwhelming as volunteering at a place where you're meeting tons of new people. And the time you spend with the animals helps them get socialized and can help them get adopted into good homes.

Also, you might plan just to get out whether it's with people or not. Look online for exhibits or progams you could go to at museums or botanical gardens, etc. You don't necessarily have to go with anyone, but it will get you out exploring and gaining new interests to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City