Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 AM

2 posts, read 11,357 times

Advertisements

New to Kansas city. Live in Gladstone now.

This is my first pregnancy. I don't have many friends here. Can anyone suggest a good OB and a good childbirth hospital around KC area?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 09:50 AM

5 posts, read 71,243 times
I've heard great things about Liberty hospital, from multiple sources, but no personal experience (other than a kid w/ a broken arm in the ER). North Kansas City use to be nice, but it has been sliding lately. I had one child at St Lukes Northland, they drove me insane, but alot of people seem to like them. Personally, I used Dr Nagy (in NKC Hospital offices).

Old 11-19-2008, 10:15 AM

2 posts, read 11,357 times
Thanks so much for your info. I had three people telling me to avoid St luks now.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:14 AM

I'd say Liberty hospital is your best bet then. I have a relative that recently had a hip replacement at NKC, and didn't exactly get the best care/attention/education that she should of. Apparently, in the past year or so, this type (or lack of) care has increased. Especially with your first kid, you need someplace that can be attentive. I've had enough kids, I'm ready to pack out of there as soon as I can get dressed.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:35 AM

7 posts, read 31,043 times
Default NKC & Nagy

I know you've probably already chosen, but to anyone else looking at this I highly recommend Dr Nagy (Midwest Women's Healthcare). I've been going to him for over 6 years and couldn't ask for anything better. He is very down to earth, fun sense of humor and really knows his stuff! North Kansas City is a great hospital and the labor and delivery suites are very nice. The down side is that so many ladies and dr's choose to go here that you can't stay in that room post delivery.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:21 AM

I've used Dr. Nagy for my last 4 pregnancy's, and really enjoy him as well.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:54 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
My wife and I go to St. Luke's Northland on Barry Road.

They have an OB clinic there and she sees Dr. Abney. She seems to love her. It's a OB clinic with all women doctors and they were all very nice throughout the pregnancy.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
I agree - Saint Luke's Northland on Barry Road. There is an all-female doctor OB group that practices at Saint Luke's Northland that people seem to like a lot. I don't know exactly which doctors are in the group but it's the one with only female OB/GYNs in the group.

EDIT - just read RjRobb's post above. That must be the group he's talking about, so the group that includes Dr. Abney would be the one!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:17 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggywakey View Post
Thanks so much for your info. I had three people telling me to avoid St luks now.
Really? Maybe I am just partial because I used to work for Saint Luke's, but I always thought Saint Luke's had the reputation of being the best hospital in Kansas City. I've always had excellent care with Saint Luke's (delivered three children at Saint Luke's, and our family has had all our care there, myringotomy tubes, tonsillectomies, knee surgery, hernia surgery, breast biopsy and other minor surgeries, mammograms, ultrasounds, etc.), though I only have experience with Saint Luke's Plaza and Saint Luke's South, not any of the other locations.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:04 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Really? Maybe I am just partial because I used to work for Saint Luke's, but I always thought Saint Luke's had the reputation of being the best hospital in Kansas City. I've always had excellent care with Saint Luke's (delivered three children at Saint Luke's, and our family has had all our care there, myringotomy tubes, tonsillectomies, knee surgery, hernia surgery, breast biopsy and other minor surgeries, mammograms, ultrasounds, etc.), though I only have experience with Saint Luke's Plaza and Saint Luke's South, not any of the other locations.

Yeah, I have heard nothing but great things. They are an award winning hospital. They wont the Malcolm Baldridge award a few years ago which is one of the top honors a business can receive in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City